Ready to swim? Join our first Virtual Swim Challenge!
What’s the Challenge?
- Swim a continuous 1,000 yards in the pool or open water.
When should I participate?
- Any time between now and the end of June.
Where can I swim?
- Beaches are open, so you are welcome to do an open water swim.
- Pools are open so you can visit a city pool and swim there.
Who should participate?
- Swim St. Pete recommends that only competent swimmers participate. Also never swim alone. The city pools have lifeguards, but for an open water swim, there are typically no lifeguards on duty. Please be sure to bring someone with you.
Once I complete the challenge, what should I do?
- Take a selfie and be sure to post on social media and include #1000yardchallenge. If you wear your Garmin smartwatch, you can take a screen capture of your completed 1,000 yard swim if you’d like to share that, too.
We look forward to seeing your results and make sure you’re following Swim St. Pete on Instagram.
*Disclaimer: We are not responsible for swimming mishaps. Please swim responsibly.