It’s 2022 and We’ve Got a Challenge Just For You
Beach to Beach Distance Challenge
- What: Run St. Pete – Beach to Beach Distance Challenge – A competition to see who can complete the distance from Clearwater Beach to Fort Desoto’s North Beach (40.2 miles) in 20 days.
- When: The challenge starts at 12:00 AM on Jan 17th and ends at 11:59 PM on Feb 5th
How to participate
All participants will need to have a Garmin Connect account. It’s so easy to set up. Here’s a quick step-by-step how to:
- Download the Garmin Connect app and set up your account
- Once in the app, select the three dots on the bottom right
- Click on Groups and hit the search button (looks like magnifying glass). Search for Run St Pete (with no period)
- Join the group. Once you join, hit the About Tab on the right side.
- Click View Group Challenges and select Upcoming.
- Last of all, click on the challenge “Run St. Pete – Beach to Beach Distance Challenge”
Alternatively you can use Strava.
- Download the strava app and set up an account if you do not already have one.
- Hit “Groups” on the bottom.
- On the right, select “Clubs”
- Select Explore Clubs.
- Select “Triathlon”
- At the top where it says Find a Club, type “St Pete Running Company Sunny Runners”
- There, you’ll see our club and the 400+ Athletes already in it. Make sure you join.
- Finally, once you have joined our group. Go back to the “Groups” tab at the bottom, select active, and you should see our Group’s Challenge.
- Join the challenge.
* If you don’t want to use Garmin Connect or Strava to track your distance and participate in the challege, you can still participate. Simply come in after the challenge has concluded and show us on your running platform that you’ve acomplished the distance. We encourage the use of one or both of the Garmin & Strava platform so we can support one another as a community of like minded individuals.
About the Challenge
Spread the Word on Social Media!
One Winner Gets the Prize
- Feeling of accomplishment
- Approximately 4,000 calories burned
- Your polaroid picture on the wall in our store
- A special 40% off clothing coupon in the store
- A free coffee at Craft Kafe
What About Running and Walking Shoes?
Ready to get moving? Then you need one last thing. Running shoes!
Get a Proper Shoe Fitting – Come in to St. Pete Running Company where our shoe experts will walk you through a StrideSmart Shoe Fitting. There are a variety of factors to consider when buying walking and running shoes. Some of those factors include neutral versus stability shoes, heel to toe drop differentials, cushioning systems and levels, all of which can be explained in detail by one of our shoe experts.
If you still have questions about the Challenge, we can help! Call or come into the store where our shoe experts are ready to provide the high-quality customer service you expect from a Top 50 Running Store in America. Our phone number is 727-800-5043.