Let’s Do This Together
Have you started achieving your goals for running, walking, and exercise in 2022? If so, keep up the good work! Whether you’re off to a great start in reaching your goals or you’re still working on getting motivated, we believe that a running community is the best way to find success. Have you considered joining a running group? We’ve got 5 reasons why you should right here.
Why Joining A Running Group Might Be Your Best Decision in 2022
- CONNECTION – Get connected. One of the best aspects of joining a running group is making connections, meeting other walkers and runners, and even forming lasting friendships. A running group can bring you into a shared space with people who are where you want to be someday in terms of their running abilities and accomplishments. It’s great to learn how others got there!
- ACCOUNTABILITY – Let’s help each other. When you join a running group, those connections you make will inevitably lead to accountability. Your group run crew will miss you when you’re not at the group run. You can encourage each other to make running a priority. Your presence will help others not miss scheduled runs, too. Knowing the group is there for you goes a long way to keeping you on track.
- NEW GOALS – Reevaluate with like-minded runners. When you join a running group, you’ll hear about the goals other runners are making. This might help you evaluate the goals you’ve made. Are your goals realistic? It can be helpful to ask other people who are trying to accomplish similar things.
- DIALED IN – Once you’re part of a running group, you just might discover you can do more than you thought you could. It’s inspiring to join in with other runners and cheer each other on. In fact, the distances and the time you spend running don’t seem so long and so far when you’re running with other people. Seriously! Come test it out for yourself at a Group Run.
- OWN IT – You don’t have to do this alone. If you’re ready to get off the couch, or you’re ready to pick up your pace, or whatever goals you’re striving for, a running group will help inspire and motivate you. But ultimately, YOU have to want to do this. So own it! Speak up about your goals and don’t be afraid to ask for help. We need each other.
Stop here for just a second. Did you notice that those FIVE reasons spell CAN DO? Just making sure you noticed.
Ready to join a running group? Then look no further!
- All FIRST TIMERS receive a $10 Gift Card to our store as our way of rewarding you for joining us!
- WHERE: St. Pete Running Company, 6986 22nd Ave North, St. Pete. We are in Marketplace Shopping Center, across the street from Tyrone Square Mall. We are located just next to LA Fitness Gym. Feel Free to Park your car anywhere you want.
- WHEN: Every Monday and Thursday evening at 6:30. Plan on arriving by 6:20 to sign in.
- WHAT: A relaxed Group Walk/Run. During fall and winter, we run to and around Azalea Park and back. We have a 5K route, but feel free to run whatever distance you’re comfortable doing. We will start with a group dynamic warm up and then put you into groups with people of similar paces.
- WHO: YOU! This Running and Walking Group is for everybody! You don’t have to be fast or skinny. You don’t have to look or act a certain way. You just have to be YOU!
If you still have questions about joining a running group, we can help! Call or come into the store where our shoe experts are ready to provide the high-quality customer service you expect from a Top 50 Running Store in America.