Group Run is Back!
Here’s How and Here’s Why
We know many of you have missed the camaraderie of our bi-weekly Group Runs on Monday and Thursday evenings. We’ve missed seeing you, too, and we miss hearing about your running, your goals, and celebrating your accomplishments with you in person. That’s why we’re bringing back Group Runs, and we’re doing it as safely as possible.
Benefits: Why join a Group Run? You’ll have accountability with a group of like-minded walkers and runners. The time will fly (seriously!) when you run with a group. You get to encourage others while being encouraged. So don’t overthink it, just come out and give it a try.
What You Need to Know
- Meet Monday and Thursday, 6:30 PM at St. Pete Running Company, 6986 22nd Ave North, St. Pete
- Wear your mask to sign in and while in the store
- Warm up in a designated spot in the back parking lot
- Social distancing during the run or walk with a circular loop around Azalea Park so that runners won’t cross each other
- Hang out in the store afterward to catch up with friends while abiding by the safety rules established by our county
Community Run Covid Safety Plan
- Runners need to bring your own labeled water bottles/Gatorade/drink. We will not be providing water.
- Runners must sign a new Covid waiver.
- All Runners have to sign in each session.
- Warm ups will happen at your own distance station in the back parking lot. We have spray painted dots on the ground. You will need to stay at your own personal dot during warm ups.
- We ask that everyone try to maintain social distance of 6 ft when arriving, during warm ups, when running and when leaving.
- Wearing a mask is mandatory in the store, at the check in tent and in the mask zone. The mask free zone begins at the back parking lot once you are on your own personal station.
- Signing in will happen outside of the store at the blue St Pete Running Company tent.
- A community key bowl will not be provided at this time.
- Procedures/times of runs may change as we see how things are playing out.
- Our plan is dynamic and will change if needed.
- Coaches/employees will be wearing mask when they are checking in runners and when in close proximity to others.
- Be kind to others and enjoy being back at group runs. We ask that you follow the new procedures so we can continue to have group runs and keep everyone safe. This is about community, support and fellowship of other runners.
- If you do not follow new procedures you will be asked to not attend the community group runs.