This Holiday Season, Let’s Make Exercise Fun!
Do your kids see exercise as something boring or painful? Then we’ve got some tips to help you encourage your kids to exercise while making it fun. And best of all, the benefits of exercise for kids are enormous. You can tell them ginormous benefits, they’ll understand that.
- Exercise helps everyone sleep better, think better, and it helps our bodies function better, too.
Here are Five Tips to Help Get Your Kids Moving
- Exercise Games – There’s a game that everyone knows called tag. Believe it or not, that’s exercise! You don’t have to let your kids know they’re exercising, you can suggest a game of tag and let them do the rest. Plus you can get creative with plenty of other games, like red-light green-light and duck, duck, goose.
- Victory Laps – Instead of punishing with a lap like some sports do, make that lap a fun reward for something the child did well. Good grades? Let’s take a victory lap around the block! Then you’ve turned what others might see as punishment and made it a reward.
- Make it a Routine – When we get up in the morning, we make our bed (well, most of us do). What if you made exercise part of the daily routine for your kids? Whether it’s first thing in the morning or when they come home from school, you can help create a habit that they can take with them to college and beyond.
- Level Up – Video games are very popular, and some include the “level up” methods of moving forward in the game. Try applying that to your child when they choose to exercise. Make it a small, experiential reward that’s not a bribe, but a motivation to exercise that includes something fun they like to do.
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Join ‘Em – Kids love company, especially during exercise. So here’s an idea: host a neighborhood Olympics with a trampoline jump, bike ride, and then a run. Plan ahead, put it on the calendar, and make or find medals for participants. Make it fun and everyone wins.
Looking for Kids Running Shoes?
We’ve got them! Visit St. Pete Running Company in person, or you can visit our website to shop for kids shoes by clicking this link: https://stpeterunningco.com/shop-online
We are pleased to partner with Healthy St. Pete – a division of the St. Petersburg Parks and Recreation Department created from an initiative of the City of St. Petersburg. Healthy St. Pete strives to build a culture of health in St. Pete by making the healthy choice the easy choice through innovative programs and community collaboration. The division improves health outcomes, reduces health inequities, implements policies and programs and encourages the community to eat, shop, live and play healthy in a city where the sun shines on all. Visit their website for more information: https://www.healthystpetefl.com
St. Pete Running Company is OPEN
We are working hard to keep our store clean and sanitized for you, our customer family. In accordance with county, city, and CDC guidelines, we require our employees to wear masks. Customers are also asked to wear masks when they come into our store. We provide hand sanitizer when you enter the store and we are limiting the number of patrons in the store at one time.
Please feel free to call us with any questions at 727-800-5043.