Are You Up For Another Challenge?
With our First Take the Lake Challenge, we designated a speed loop for our town because we didn’t have one! With our Second Challenge, the loop is the same, but we’re switching up the competition. Instead of comparing your lap to anyone else, we want you to see if you can beat yourself!
The Walter Fuller lake loop is a total distance = 1’ish kilometer. Here are all of the important details:
What: Take Two: ‘Take the Lake Challenge’, a virtual run hosted by St. Pete Running Company on Strava
Where: Walter Fuller Park, 7901 30th Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33710. Starting line is next to the dog park– run counter-clockwise!
Who: You! If you bring a friend to run with, we suggest social distancing. This challenge is open to everyone!
When: Complete the challenge between Friday, 7/31 and Monday, 8/17. Follow our Social Media for running, strength & conditioning tips to get you in top form.
Why: Push your limits to see if you can beat your previous PR! If you do, you will also be celebrated with your pic on the wall. Tackle the loop as fast as you can run + share your performance on Instagram and Facebook using #TAKETHELAKE and by tagging @stpeterunningco.
How to ‘Take the Lake’
- Go to Walter Fuller Park. There is a parking lot next to the dog park.
- Optional: Follow us on Strava: The Group is called: ST. PETE RUNNING COMPANY SUNNY RUNNERS. You can search for the segment called ‘SPRC: Take the Lake’.
- Run the ‘SPRC: Take the Lake’ segment as fast as you can! Be sure to warm up before going full-gas!
- The lake loop is 1 kilometer. We’re going to be running counter-clockwise starting next to the dog park.
- Be sure to post a run selfie after you’re finished and use #Takethelake & #runstpete – Tag @stpeterunningco
Have Questions? Call us at 727-800-5043 or Email Janna.