The Sleepy Hallow Streak Appallingly presented by St. Pete Running Company
New Challenge Alert!
This October challenge kicks off on the night of 10/23. Crawl out of your coffin, shuffle through the zombie horde, and attach any missing limbs so that you can join us!
What is the Challenge?
The Sleepy Hallow Challenge is a 7-day streak open to any and all levels of walkers and runners. The goal is to get 7 hours of sleep each night for 7 nights in a row, and to exercise at least 30 minutes a day for those same 7 days in a row. The start date is the night of October 23rd where the very first step is to get 7 hours of sleep. So climb into your preferred sleep apparatus, such as a coffin, and record your progress. We suggest a smartwatch which records your sleep and records your exercise for you!
How to participate:
- You must exercise at least 30 minutes a day for 7 consecutive days
- You must sleep at least 7 hours a night for 7 nights in a row
- When: Starts with sleeping the night of 10/23 and ends on 10/30
- Cost: FREE! There is no cost to participate
- Exercise: can be any form of exercise with the exclusions of Hotdog eating contest or sedentary e-sports. E-Sports such as Zwift and the like do count.
- Self-check for health: Before embarking on this streak please make sure you’re healthy enough for physical activity. This challenge is harder than it sounds and may not be for everybody.
How to track your progress:
- Participants can use whatever platform that works for them. We recommend Garmin Connect or Strava. Participants can show us the app or even write it down in their own training log and we will accept that.
Here is what it will look like for the 7-day Streak:
SLEEP>> EXERCISE>> SLEEP>> EXERCISE>> SLEEP>> EXERCISE>> SLEEP>> EXERCISE>> SLEEP>> EXERCISE>> SLEEP>> EXERCISE>> SLEEP>> EXERCISE>> WINNER!!!!
There you have it, ghouls and gals! Everything you need to know about the challenge. The kick-off is coming up on the 23rd. So, let’s do this challenge together and get some great sleep and exercise. Remember that you don’t have to do it alone. Join us on Monday and Thursday at 6:30 PM at St. Pete Running Company for our FREE community group runs!
What do you get for completing the challenge? Every participant who completes the challenge is declared a WINNER! Upon completion of the streak, simply show us your recorded streak in-store. We recommend Garmin connect however you may use any platform you wish. Be honest!
- Winners unlock a non-transferable magic apparel card, entitling them to a special discount of 25% off all clothing in store for the remainder of 2022
- Winners also receive their photo on our community board
If you still have questions about the challenge, we can help! Call or come into the store where our shoe experts are ready to provide the high-quality customer service you expect from a Top 50 Running Store in America.