St Pete Running Company Family Turkey Trot
$10.00 – $30.00
St Pete Running Company’s Family Turkey Trot
Virtual bibs mailed after November 23rd may not arrive to you by Thanksgiving. If you purchase one after November 23 to be mailed to you we can’t promise that you will receive it in time but you will get it.
You can still pick bibs up in store up to Thanksgiving morning.
Join the St Pete Running Company family for our 5th annual 5k Turkey Trot! This is one tradition we are honored to be able to bring to our community. We all come together to kick-off the holiday season with a healthy morning run/walk before celebrating Thanksgiving with food and family.
Without question, COVID-19 has challenged our community. With an abundance of caution, we are not going to do our traditional unofficial turkey trot with a mass start. However, we will keep the tradition of a healthy run and walk going on Thanksgiving morning going with a pandemic flair – 2020 will be a hybrid event – you can do in person or on your own virtually.
We are asking you to participate by getting out on Thanksgiving Day morning to celebrate with a family walk, run or trot… whatever you’re in the mood for! Let’s still take time to celebrate family, and this great St Pete Running Company tradition.
How does this Hybrid event work, you choose how you would like to participate in the Family Turkey Trot:
1 – Virtual Event: You can do the event virtually. You come up with your own 5k course and you can go any pace you want, any time of day you want. Snap a photo of you wearing the bib either before or during your 5K and share on social media.
2- In Person Event: We will have a start/finish line set up on the Pinellas Trail and a marked turn around (at the same location that we always have our Turkey Trot). It will not be a mass start – meaning we will not have an official start time, where everyone starts at the same time. We will have the start/finish line set up from 7AM – 10 AM and you are welcome to come at any time during this time to complete the Turkey Trot 5k.
What your $10.00 gets you:
- $10 Gift Card to St Pete Running Company
- $5 donation to St Pete Free Clinic
- An official bib
- Support your local community
The first 50 people to sign up will get a Free set of Sunny Runner bib holders by Bibboards.
Bibs Mailed: If you choose to have your bib mailed we will mail bibs starting on November 18 until November 23rd. Virtual bibs mailed after November 23rd you may not get by Thanksgiving.
Bib Pick Up: Pick up will take place at St Pete Running Company, (6986 22nd Ave N) Nov 22 – November 25th during regular store hours. Also we ask that you bring a can food item for donation. We will be making a food donation to the St Pete Free Clinic with all the food collected.
- Nov 22 12 -5
- November 23 – 25th 10am – 7:00pm
Virtual Event Details:
- You come up with your own 5k course and you can go any pace you want, any time of day you want.
- Snap a photo of you wearing the bib either before or during your 5K and share on social media. Use #RUNSTPETE and tag StPeteRunningCo
In- Person event details:
- Course will be set up from 7am – 10am – there is not an official start – you come any time between these hours to participate
- You must wear a mask when not on the course. When you are waiting to start/ standing around talking/once you cross the finish line a face covering must be on and cover both your nose and mouth.
- We encourage you to maintain 6 feet/ Social Distance from those not in your group/immediate family
- All staff members and volunteers will be wearing a mask/face covering
- The store will be open from 7 – 10:30 for your use and to make purchases. Mask must be worn inside
- We will have a sidewalk sale outside of the store
- We will not have a water stop on course, you will need to bring your own water bottle/hydration for on course. We will have water available for you once you finish.
- The course will be a marked out & back course on the Pinellas Trail
- When on course you need to stay to your right side of the trail on the way out and stick to your right side on the way back. Big groups can not walk across the trail, you will only be permitted to run 2 people across in order to keep distance from others and for others to be able to safely pass.
- This is NOT an official chip timed race, just a fun community event. With the rolling start if you would like to time your 5k you will need to use your own timing device – watch/phone.
- Yes – kids, strollers and dogs are permitted to join you. Kids can not be on a bike – this is for their safety and for the other participants safety.
- Parking – You can park either at St Pete Running Company or at the Tyrone Square Mall
- Please bring a can food item for donation. We will be making a donation to the St Pete Free Clinic