St Pete Running Company is dedicated to runners young and old, experienced or new to running. We are pleased to announce training programs that meet the needs of all levels of experience. We will be offering Track and Speedwork Programs, Half Marathon Training, Triathlon and Duathlon Training, and one on one coaching (see Coaching tab).
Project 360 Track Program
St. Pete Running Company is proud to present our Project 360 Track Program. This is a 10-Week Summer Track Program starting on June 19th. We'll meet on Wednesdays at 5:30 AM or 6:30 PM every week. The program will end on Aug. 21st.
Project 360 will focus on maintaining fitness during the summer with speedwork, strength training, and dynamic stretching. You don't have to be fast to join us for Speedwork. All levels of runners and joggers are welcome to come out for weekly workouts.
Speedwork Program on Wednesdays:
About the Program:
10 Weeks for $99.99. Drop-in rate is $15. If you have purchased a Track Pass in the past, you can still use the pass to attend however many sessions remain on your Track Pass. You can purchase these at the store, on the website, or at the track.
Join Run St. Pete:
Be sure to join our running club, Run St. Pete. To join you simply need to request to follow the private Facebook Group Run St. Pete and agree to their bylaws.
More Info About Speedwork
What: Weekly Speedwork lead by expert running coaches.
What to bring: Running shoes and running clothing. We prefer if you change before you get there but if you’re coming from work you can change in the bathrooms. Also bring water/sports drink, a beach towel, and a snack to eat on the way home after training.
What to expect: We will do a light jog to warm up for 10-15 minutes, followed by some dynamic stretching and easy drills. Don’t worry, we’ll teach you all of this stuff. The coaches will break you into pace groups and you’ll run the workout. Your coach will tell you what paces or “splits” you’ll want to do when they explain the workout for the night. Certain groups will be running intervals on the track while other groups will be doing core, mobility or strength exercises on the grass or outside lanes of the track.
I’ve never done track or speedwork before. Am I going to get left behind?
A: No, we will be very instructional and make sure you’re not missing anything.
I’m not very fast. Is speedwork just for sprinters and elite athletes?
A: No, you will benefit from this also. You don’t have to be fast. One common misconception is that all speedwork is sprinting. Realistically one session will entail some easy jogging, walking, medium effort running and also a small amount of hard running. You’ll probably never have to run at a maximal 100% effort.
Is this going to hurt?
A: Sometimes you’ll be running hard enough to where you couldn’t comfortably carry on a conversation. If performed correctly you should be slightly sore after training. This is a good kind of sore and your body will bounce back stronger. You probably won’t be limping around for 3 days after training, that’s not our style.
Can I bring my kids?
A: Yes, we would like for kids to be able to participate as long as they are serious and can reasonably keep up. If they are there to watch only, feel free to bring books, blanket etc.
How do I sign up?
A: You’ll want to come to St. Pete Running Company, 6986 22nd Ave North, St. Petersburg and sign up there. You’ll need to fill out a liability waiver stating that you are in good enough physical condition to be training. If you can’t make it to the store to enroll, simply bring cash or your card to Walter Fuller park on Wednesday. Try to get there by 6:10. Also, you’ll want to join our free club Run St. Pete in order to stay in touch with training opportunities and all the details. Or you can sign up over the phone by calling us at 727-800-5043. However, you will still need to sign a waiver in store or at the track.
What if I miss a day?
A: If you miss a session, that's okay. We know not everyone can make every week due to conflicts like vacation. Track Passes don't have to be used consecutively. These sessions will roll over into future training programs. Due to the progressive nature of interval training, the best results are usually achieved with consistent training. The more consistent your training is, the more consistent your results will be. But missing a week here and there will not be too much of a hindrance.
A: We still run in the rain and it usually feels great! If there is lightning within proximity we reserve the right to cancel it. Please check the Facebook Group Run St. Pete to be kept up to date with training and how it regards to weather conditions.
If you have more questions please call the store 727-800-5043 or contact Coach Jeremy.
Half Marathon Training Program
Want to run a Half Marathon? Join St. Pete Running Company for our 10-week Half Marathon Training Course starting September 7th. The program caps at 50 people.
Half Marathon Info Seminar: Find out more and get your questions answered
Half Marathon Sign-Up Party
This is a comprehensive half marathon training program for novice or intermediate runners who want guidance and leadership to help achieve your goal. You don't have to be a veteran runner to benefit from this training group. We'll get you to the finish line confident, healthy & happy.
- This ten-week course commences on Saturday, September 7th at 8:00 AM, meeting at St Pete Running Company.
- The target race is The St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon on Sunday, November 17th, 2019.
- Training will consist of 3 structured & supervised runs each week including a long run, speed workout and easy run.
There are a lot of reasons why you should run a half marathon.
- Accomplishment, physical fitness, weight management through the holidays, injury prevention and most importantly…. It’s FUN!
- Camaraderie from dozens of other like-minded runners.
- Accountability – it’s much easier to make yourself go to training if you know there is a friendly & supportive group waiting for you to join them!
- Guidance: We have an expert team of coaches who will guide you from start to finish. We believe in educating runners so expect to learn a lot about running throughout this course.
Training will take place from St. Pete Running Company, the nearby parks, neighborhoods and the Pinellas Trail.
- Long Run – will take place on Saturday and will vary throughout our area. Plenty will be hosted from our home location of St. Pete Running Company, 6986 22nd Ave North. You will be able to leave your belongings in the store and have bathroom facilities before/during/after training.
- Threshold & Speed Training – This will be integrated into our highly successful track program which meets on Wednesdays at Northside Christian School track.
- Recovery Run – A slow & steady run to help your body recover from the stresses of training. These will take place on Monday nights at St. Pete Running Company or on your own from home.
This program is designed for Novice to Intermediate runners who usually share any/all of these goals.
- Understand the importance of staying healthy and want guidance/leadership to help them achieve their goals.
- Want to tick a half marathon off the bucket list.
- Want to run a faster time than they have ever gone before.
- Hope to enjoy running and make sure they’re not going to get injured.
- Race entry discount for St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon
- 10% Discount in store purchases until 11/17/19
- Caps at 50 people
If you have more questions please call the store 727-800-5043 or contact Janna.