Half Marathon Training Program, Fall 2019
This is a comprehensive half marathon training program for novice or intermediate runner who want guidance and leadership to help achieve your goal. You don't have to be a veteran runner to benefit from this training group. We'll get you to the finish line confident, healthy & happy.
- This ten-week course commences on Saturday, September 7th meeting at St Pete Running Company.
- The target race is The St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon on Sunday, November 17th, 2019.
- Training will consist of 3 structured & supervised runs each week including a long run, speed workout and one other run
Training will take place from St. Pete Running Company, the nearby parks, neighborhoods, downtown St Pete and the Pinellas Trail.
- Long Run – will vary throughout our area on Saturday Mornings.
- Threshold & Speed Training – This will be integrated into our highly successful track program which meets on Wednesdays at either 5:30am or 6:30pm at Northside Christian School track.
- Recovery Run – A slow & steady run to help your body recover from the stresses of training. These will take place on Monday and/or Thursday nights 6:30pm at St. Pete Running Company or on your own from home.
This program is designed for Novice to Intermediate runners who usually share any/all of these goals.
- Understand the importance of staying healthy and want guidance/leadership to help them achieve their goals.
- Want to tick a half marathon off the bucket list.
- Want to run a faster time than they have ever gone before.
- Hope to enjoy running and make sure they’re not going to get injured.
There are a lot of reasons why you should run a half marathon.
- Accomplishment, physical fitness, weight management through the holidays, injury prevention and most importantly…. It’s FUN!
- Camaraderie from dozens of other like-minded runners.
- Accountability – it’s much easier to make yourself go to training if you know there is a friendly & supportive group waiting for you to join them!
- Guidance: We have an expert team of coaches who will guide you from start to finish. We believe in educating runners so expect to learn a lot about running throughout this course.
- Cost of the 10 week course is $200
- Race entry discount for St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon
- 10% Discount in store purchases until 11/20/2019
- Free Use of Air Relax Recovery Boots
- Free Gatorade Endurance Package
- Free St Pete Running Company In Training t-shirt
- Caps at 50 people
- If you have more questions please contact the store at 727-800-5043