YOU ASKED FOR A 10K TRAINING PROGRAM AND WE'VE GOT ONE! October 07, 2017 14:00
Ready to Start Training For a 10K?
Join Our 10K Training Program
Want to run a 10K? Join St. Pete Running Company for our 6-week 10K Training Course. The program caps at 50 people.
10K Training Info Seminars:
Find out more and get your questions answered
Thursday, October 19th at 6:00 PM
Thursday, November 16th at 6:00 PM
at St. Pete Running Company
This is a comprehensive training program for novice or intermediate runners who want guidance and leadership to help achieve your 10K goal. You don't have to be a veteran runner to benefit from this training group. We'll get you to the finish line confident, healthy & happy.
- This six-week course commences on Saturday, December 2nd at 9:00 AM, meeting at St Pete Running Company.
- The target race is St. Pete Beach Classic on the weekend of January 13th, 2018.
- Training will consist of 3 structured & supervised runs each week including a long run, speed workout and tempo run.
There are a lot of reasons why you should run a 10K.
- Accomplishment, physical fitness, weight management through the holidays, injury prevention and most importantly…. It’s FUN!
- Camaraderie from dozens of other like-minded runners.
- Ease Into Longer Distances - a 10K can help you become more confident in your ability to do longer distances like 15K, half marathon, and full marathon
- Accountability – it’s much easier to make yourself go to training if you know there is a friendly & supportive group waiting for you to join them!
- Guidance: We have an expert team of coaches who will guide you from start to finish. We believe in educating runners so expect to learn a lot about running throughout this course.
Training will take place from St. Pete Running Company, the nearby parks, neighborhoods and the Pinellas Trail.
- Long Run – will vary throughout our area. Plenty will be hosted from our home location of St. Pete Running Company, 6986 22nd Ave North. You will be able to leave your belongings in the store and have bathroom facilities before/during/after training.
- Threshold & Speed Training – This will be integrated into our highly successful track program which meets on Wednesdays at Northside Christian School track.
- Tempo Run – A shorter run that starts at an easy, relaxed pace and gradually increases into a race-pace effort. These will take place on Monday nights at St. Pete Running Company or on your own from home.
This program is designed for Novice to Intermediate runners who usually share any/all of these goals.
Understand the importance of staying healthy and want guidance/leadership to help them achieve their goals.
Want to tick a 10K off the bucket list.
Want to run a faster time than they have ever gone before.
Hope to enjoy running and make sure they’re not going to get injured.
Here's a clip from our Wednesday Track Program
Participants should be in good health and cleared by a doctor to be able to run. You should be able to complete a 3 mile walk/run before joining the training group. Yes, it’s okay to take walk breaks.
- Discount for your St. Pete Beach Classic race entry
- 10% Discount in store purchases until 1/14/18
If you have more questions please call the store 727-800-5043 or contact Coach Jimmy.
Blogger Bria is a customer service manager at St. Pete Running Company.