TRAIN FOR A HALF MARATHON WITH US July 29, 2019 15:55 2 Comments
Ready to Start Training For Your First or Next Half?
Join Our Half Marathon Training Program
Half Marathon Training
Want to run a Half Marathon? Join St. Pete Running Company for our 10-week Half Marathon Training Course starting September 7th. The program caps at 50 people.
Half Marathon Info Seminar: Find out more and get your questions answered
Monday, July 29th at 6:00 PM
You can also join our Group Run afterward at 6:30 PM.
Half Marathon Sign-Up Party
Monday, August 19th at 6:00 PM
We'll have giveaways! Meet the coaches and learn about the class. You can sign up, too.
Plus join us for our Group Run afterward at 6:30 PM.
This is a comprehensive half marathon training program for novice or intermediate runners who want guidance and leadership to help achieve your goal. You don't have to be a veteran runner to benefit from this training group. We'll get you to the finish line confident, healthy & happy.
- This ten-week course commences on Saturday, September 7th at 8:00 AM, meeting at St Pete Running Company.
- The target race is The St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon on Sunday, November 17th, 2019.
- Training will consist of 3 structured & supervised runs each week including a long run, speed workout and easy run.
There are a lot of reasons why you should run a half marathon.
- Accomplishment, physical fitness, weight management through the holidays, injury prevention and most importantly…. It’s FUN!
- Camaraderie from dozens of other like-minded runners.
- Accountability – it’s much easier to make yourself go to training if you know there is a friendly & supportive group waiting for you to join them!
- Guidance: We have an expert team of coaches who will guide you from start to finish. We believe in educating runners so expect to learn a lot about running throughout this course.
Training will take place from St. Pete Running Company, the nearby parks, neighborhoods and the Pinellas Trail.
- Long Run – will vary throughout our area. . You will be able to leave your belongings in the store and have bathroom facilities before/during/after training. These will be on Saturday Mornings.
- Threshold & Speed Training – This will be integrated into our highly successful track program which meets on Wednesdays 5:30am or 6:30pm at Northside Christian School track.
- Recovery Run – A slow & steady run to help your body recover from the stresses of training. These will take place on Monday nights and/or Thursday Nights at St. Pete Running Company or on your own from home.
This program is designed for Novice to Intermediate runners who usually share any/all of these goals.
- Understand the importance of staying healthy and want guidance/leadership to help them achieve their goals.
- Want to tick a half marathon off the bucket list.
- Want to run a faster time than they have ever gone before.
- Hope to enjoy running and make sure they’re not going to get injured.
Participants should be in good health and cleared by a doctor to be able to run. You should be able to complete a 3 mile walk/run before joining the training group. Yes, it’s okay to take walk breaks.
- Race entry discount for St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon
- 10% Discount in store purchases until 11/17/19
- Free Use of Air-Relax Recovery Boots
- Free Gatorade Endurance Package
- Free St Pete Running Company In training shirt
- Caps at 50 people
If you have more questions please call the store 727-800-5043 or contact Janna.
Blogger Bria is a customer service manager at St. Pete Running Company.