WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THIS SHOE COMPANY? October 25, 2019 08:00 25 Comments
Newton Running Shoes
What's Up With Newton Running These Days?
These running shoes are here to stay! After some rocky stops and starts, Newton Running is going strong. We have 3 reasons to love this running shoe brand, and if you've never tried Newton, we suggest you stop by our store and check it out.
Where Newton Has Been
- Remember when the natural running trends first started circa 2008? Newton helped start that trend.
- A rocky point occurred when part of the company was purchased by a venture capitalist who wanted to make the brand mainstream. That didn't work out.
- One of two original founders, Jerry Lee, purchased back Newton and has helped resurrect them.
- Newton has since returned to its roots: focusing on a springy, lightweight shoe that dedicated runners revere.
3 Reasons to Get Your Feet in Newton
1. BREATHABLE UPPER & LIGHTWEIGHT - Newtons are designed with a roomy toebox and breathable materials. While the POP platform has a great cushioning system, the shoes are more lightweight than similar competitors.
2. POP PLATFORM - Unique to Newton running shoes, the POP platform gives that springy push-off from the midfoot. It helps quicken your cadence so you have less contact with the ground. The level platform encourages better posture while harnessing the elastic recoil of your lower legs and fascia. Meaning you're quicker off the ground, too.
3. ENCOURAGES MIDFOOT STRIKE - The POP platform is designed to cover the midsole of your foot, and so the push-off is most beneficial when runners land on the midfoot and then give a "kiss" with the heel briefly touching the ground. Keep in mind there is no right or wrong in midfoot versus heel striking when your overall form is correct (knees are over your feet from the side view for example). We recommend a StrideSmart shoe fitting at our store to check your stride.
Women's Gravity 8
Women's Fate 5
Men's Gravity 8
Men's Fate 5
Proud to Carry Newtons Since 2014
Since day one, St. Pete Running Company has carried Newton running shoes in store. We love these shoes. But don't just take our word for it. Come in, let us take you through our one-of-a-kind StrideSmart Shoe Fitting process, and then you can test out the shoes to see how they feel on your feet.
We're excited for you to try it!
Buy Newtons at St. Pete Running Company
Blogger Bria is a Customer Service Manager at St. Pete Running Company.
3 THINGS TO LOVE ABOUT SUNNY RUNNERS KIDS RUN CLUB September 30, 2019 11:33 48 Comments
Let's Celebrate Kids Running!
Kids Run Club
When: Starting October 6th from 2:00 - 3:00 PM with Weekly Practice through November 10th (See Schedule Below)
Where: Various Locations in St. Pete (See Schedule Below)
Who: Kids Ages 4-12
Cost: $40 per child for the Kids Run Club or $60 for all 6 weeks with Race Entry for St. Pete Run Fest PeliKids Race (weekly drop-in rate $10)
Goal Race: St. Pete Run Fest PeliKids (various distances according to age)
We're teaching kids great running form to be an efficient runner and making it fun! The experts at St. Pete Running Company want to inspire your kids to live an active and healthy lifestyle. This will be a fun, action-packed class that will help your little ones an appreciation and life-long love of running. We will teach your little stompers the necessary skills for running such as cadence, stride length and pacing, using our FAST system: Frequency, Alignment, Stability, & Timing are the keys to their success.
- Parents are invited to join in at no charge. If you would like to help coach contact St. Pete Running Company.
- These classes are outside - please have children wear sunscreen, bug spray, and comfortable clothing. Bring a water bottle.
- Kids will be broken into groups by age for training
- We will also teach how to make a few simple kid friendly healthy snacks
- There will be a focus on a positive characteristic trait each week
Three Things to Love About Kids Running Class
- ENCOURAGES A LOVE OF RUNNING - We can equip kids with tools for success, but the best thing we can teach them is that running is fun!
- GIVES MOM AND DAD TIME TO RELAX - Parents are welcome to join in, but can also sit back and relax while your kids get to spend some energy!
- EVERYONE WINS - When your kids enjoy an active and healthy lifestyle, they will begin to understand the value of maintaining that lifestyle for years to come. And we believe kids are the future, so we want to encourage them! Each class includes a snack at the end, and parents receive a $10 Gift Card to St. Pete Running Company. Win/Win!
We Can't Wait to Get Started!
All practice sessions will be on Sundays from 2-3pm
October 6 – Lake Vista Park - 1401 62nd Ave. S.
October 13 – Fossil Park - 6635 Dr MLK Jr. St. N.
October 20 – Northwest Park - 5801 22nd Ave. N.
October 27 – Campbell Park - 601 14th St. S.
November 3 – Gladden Park - 3901 30th Ave. N.
November 10 – Crescent Lake Park - 1320 5th St. N. (NOTE: Nov 10th will be our CELEBRATION RUN, with a race for the kids)
SATURDAY - November 16 – St. Pete Run Fest PeliKids Races
*If you include this in your registration* PeliKids Finisher's will also receive a Medal and a race T shirt to celebrate their accomplishment
Blogger Bria is a Customer Service Manager at St. Pete Running Company.
TRAIN FOR A HALF MARATHON WITH US July 29, 2019 15:55 48 Comments
Ready to Start Training For Your First or Next Half?
Join Our Half Marathon Training Program
Half Marathon Training
Want to run a Half Marathon? Join St. Pete Running Company for our 10-week Half Marathon Training Course starting September 7th. The program caps at 50 people.
Half Marathon Info Seminar: Find out more and get your questions answered
Monday, July 29th at 6:00 PM
You can also join our Group Run afterward at 6:30 PM.
Half Marathon Sign-Up Party
Monday, August 19th at 6:00 PM
We'll have giveaways! Meet the coaches and learn about the class. You can sign up, too.
Plus join us for our Group Run afterward at 6:30 PM.
This is a comprehensive half marathon training program for novice or intermediate runners who want guidance and leadership to help achieve your goal. You don't have to be a veteran runner to benefit from this training group. We'll get you to the finish line confident, healthy & happy.
- This ten-week course commences on Saturday, September 7th at 8:00 AM, meeting at St Pete Running Company.
- The target race is The St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon on Sunday, November 17th, 2019.
- Training will consist of 3 structured & supervised runs each week including a long run, speed workout and easy run.
There are a lot of reasons why you should run a half marathon.
- Accomplishment, physical fitness, weight management through the holidays, injury prevention and most importantly…. It’s FUN!
- Camaraderie from dozens of other like-minded runners.
- Accountability – it’s much easier to make yourself go to training if you know there is a friendly & supportive group waiting for you to join them!
- Guidance: We have an expert team of coaches who will guide you from start to finish. We believe in educating runners so expect to learn a lot about running throughout this course.
Training will take place from St. Pete Running Company, the nearby parks, neighborhoods and the Pinellas Trail.
- Long Run – will vary throughout our area. . You will be able to leave your belongings in the store and have bathroom facilities before/during/after training. These will be on Saturday Mornings.
- Threshold & Speed Training – This will be integrated into our highly successful track program which meets on Wednesdays 5:30am or 6:30pm at Northside Christian School track.
- Recovery Run – A slow & steady run to help your body recover from the stresses of training. These will take place on Monday nights and/or Thursday Nights at St. Pete Running Company or on your own from home.
This program is designed for Novice to Intermediate runners who usually share any/all of these goals.
- Understand the importance of staying healthy and want guidance/leadership to help them achieve their goals.
- Want to tick a half marathon off the bucket list.
- Want to run a faster time than they have ever gone before.
- Hope to enjoy running and make sure they’re not going to get injured.
Participants should be in good health and cleared by a doctor to be able to run. You should be able to complete a 3 mile walk/run before joining the training group. Yes, it’s okay to take walk breaks.
- Race entry discount for St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon
- 10% Discount in store purchases until 11/17/19
- Free Use of Air-Relax Recovery Boots
- Free Gatorade Endurance Package
- Free St Pete Running Company In training shirt
- Caps at 50 people
If you have more questions please call the store 727-800-5043 or contact Janna.
Blogger Bria is a customer service manager at St. Pete Running Company.
5K TRAINING PROGRAM ANNOUNCED January 2, 2019 10:59
Four-Week 5K Group Training
Starts Sunday, December 23rd
Are you looking to improve your overall fitness or run a faster 5k? Would you like to join a fun and supportive training group? Then we'd love to have you join our 5K Group Training!
This will be a comprehensive program for intermediate runners who want guidance and leadership to help achieve your goal. You don't have to be signed up for a race to join this group. All are welcome to come out and train with this fun and inclusive group!
Our expert staff will lead you through these training sessions where we'll help you not only improve your running technique, but you'll improve overall efficiency and learn how to prevent injury. One of the best aspects of group training is the camaraderie and encouragement from like-minded people. The optional goal race is the St. Pete Running Company 5k at the St Pete Beach Classic on Saturday, January 19th.
Cost: $79.99 (Limited to 25 spots)
You'll get a 10% Discount in our store for the duration of the program, our on-site Athletic Trainers will provide you with a free one-on-one injury prevention screening, and you'll receive free products from Gatorade Endurance.
Here is the tentative schedule for the 5K Training Sessions:
Start date of the program is Sunday, December 23rd
Monday, 6:30 PM: (Store) Dynamics, easy running, core + foam rolling.
Wednesday, 5:30 AM or 6:30 PM: (track) Core + Speedwork.
Thursday, 6:30 PM: (Store) Dynamics, recovery slow run, core strength (Optional Day)
Sunday, early morning: (Store or various locations) Long Run.
If you have questions please call the store at 727-800-5043 or email Janna.
BRIDGE RUN TRAINING PROGRAM STARTS IN JANUARY January 2, 2019 10:58
Five-Week Bridge Run Training
Starts January 27th
Are you looking to improve your overall fitness? Bridge and hill training is for you! If you're signed up for the Skyway 10K, this training group is for you! (Please note we are not affiliated with the race). You don't have to be signed up for a race to join this group. All are welcome to come out and train with this fun and inclusive group!
Our expert staff will lead you through these training sessions where we'll help you not only improve your running technique, but you'll improve overall strength and efficiency on hills and bridges.
Cost: $49.99 for 5 Weeks
Drop in rate: $15 per workout session
If you register for the whole program you will receive 10% Discount in store purchases until March 5. You'll get a 10% Discount in our store for the duration of the program, our on-site Athletic Trainers will provide you with a free one-on-one injury prevention screening, and you'll receive free products from Gatorade Endurance.
This 5 week session will start January 27th and end on February 24th, the week before the Skyway 10k. The official dates for each session are Jan 27th, Feb 3, Feb 10th, Feb 17th, Feb 24th. The location will vary with each session, but there will be hills and/or bridges at each one! Each workout is different and will focus on a specific skill for hill running guaranteed to improve your fitness and do so without causing injury to your body.
If you have questions please call the store at 727-800-5043 or email Cody.
- Page 1 of 15