5K TRAINING PROGRAM ANNOUNCED January 02, 2019 10:59
Four-Week 5K Group Training
Starts Sunday, December 23rd
Are you looking to improve your overall fitness or run a faster 5k? Would you like to join a fun and supportive training group? Then we'd love to have you join our 5K Group Training!
This will be a comprehensive program for intermediate runners who want guidance and leadership to help achieve your goal. You don't have to be signed up for a race to join this group. All are welcome to come out and train with this fun and inclusive group!
Our expert staff will lead you through these training sessions where we'll help you not only improve your running technique, but you'll improve overall efficiency and learn how to prevent injury. One of the best aspects of group training is the camaraderie and encouragement from like-minded people. The optional goal race is the St. Pete Running Company 5k at the St Pete Beach Classic on Saturday, January 19th.
Cost: $79.99 (Limited to 25 spots)
You'll get a 10% Discount in our store for the duration of the program, our on-site Athletic Trainers will provide you with a free one-on-one injury prevention screening, and you'll receive free products from Gatorade Endurance.
Here is the tentative schedule for the 5K Training Sessions:
Start date of the program is Sunday, December 23rd
Monday, 6:30 PM: (Store) Dynamics, easy running, core + foam rolling.
Wednesday, 5:30 AM or 6:30 PM: (track) Core + Speedwork.
Thursday, 6:30 PM: (Store) Dynamics, recovery slow run, core strength (Optional Day)
Sunday, early morning: (Store or various locations) Long Run.
If you have questions please call the store at 727-800-5043 or email Janna.
BRIDGE RUN TRAINING PROGRAM STARTS IN JANUARY January 02, 2019 10:58
Five-Week Bridge Run Training
Starts January 27th
Are you looking to improve your overall fitness? Bridge and hill training is for you! If you're signed up for the Skyway 10K, this training group is for you! (Please note we are not affiliated with the race). You don't have to be signed up for a race to join this group. All are welcome to come out and train with this fun and inclusive group!
Our expert staff will lead you through these training sessions where we'll help you not only improve your running technique, but you'll improve overall strength and efficiency on hills and bridges.
Cost: $49.99 for 5 Weeks
Drop in rate: $15 per workout session
If you register for the whole program you will receive 10% Discount in store purchases until March 5. You'll get a 10% Discount in our store for the duration of the program, our on-site Athletic Trainers will provide you with a free one-on-one injury prevention screening, and you'll receive free products from Gatorade Endurance.
This 5 week session will start January 27th and end on February 24th, the week before the Skyway 10k. The official dates for each session are Jan 27th, Feb 3, Feb 10th, Feb 17th, Feb 24th. The location will vary with each session, but there will be hills and/or bridges at each one! Each workout is different and will focus on a specific skill for hill running guaranteed to improve your fitness and do so without causing injury to your body.
If you have questions please call the store at 727-800-5043 or email Cody.
HALF MARATHON TRAINING PROGRAM ANNOUNCED July 25, 2018 12:18
Ready to Start Training For Your First or Next Half?
Join Our Half Marathon Training Program
Half Marathon Training
Want to run a Half Marathon? Join St. Pete Running Company for our 10-week Half Marathon Training Course starting September 10th. The program caps at 50 people.
Half Marathon Info Seminar: Find out more and get your questions answered
Thursday, August 23rd at 6:00 PM
You can also join our Group Run afterward at 6:30 PM
Half Marathon Sign-Up Party
Monday, August 27th at 6:00 PM
We'll have giveaways! Meet the coaches and learn about the class.
This is a comprehensive half marathon training program for novice or intermediate runner who want guidance and leadership to help achieve your goal. You don't have to be a veteran runner to benefit from this training group. We'll get you to the finish line confident, healthy & happy.
- This ten-week course commences on Monday, September 10th at 6:30 PM, meeting at St Pete Running Company.
- The target race is The St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon on Sunday, November 18th, 2018.
- Training will consist of 3 structured & supervised runs each week including a long run, speed workout and easy run.
There are a lot of reasons why you should run a half marathon.
- Accomplishment, physical fitness, weight management through the holidays, injury prevention and most importantly…. It’s FUN!
- Camaraderie from dozens of other like-minded runners.
- Accountability – it’s much easier to make yourself go to training if you know there is a friendly & supportive group waiting for you to join them!
- Guidance: We have an expert team of coaches who will guide you from start to finish. We believe in educating runners so expect to learn a lot about running throughout this course.
Training will take place from St. Pete Running Company, the nearby parks, neighborhoods and the Pinellas Trail.
- Long Run – will vary throughout our area. Plenty will be hosted from our home location of St. Pete Running Company, 6986 22nd Ave North. You will be able to leave your belongings in the store and have bathroom facilities before/during/after training.
- Threshold & Speed Training – This will be integrated into our highly successful track program which meets on Wednesdays at Northside Christian School track.
- Recovery Run – A slow & steady run to help your body recover from the stresses of training. These will take place on Monday nights at St. Pete Running Company or on your own from home.
This program is designed for Novice to Intermediate runners who usually share any/all of these goals.
- Understand the importance of staying healthy and want guidance/leadership to help them achieve their goals.
- Want to tick a half marathon off the bucket list.
- Want to run a faster time than they have ever gone before.
- Hope to enjoy running and make sure they’re not going to get injured.
Here's a clip from our Wednesday Track Program
Participants should be in good health and cleared by a doctor to be able to run. You should be able to complete a 3 mile walk/run before joining the training group. Yes, it’s okay to take walk breaks.
- Race entry discount for St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon
- 10% Discount in store purchases until 11/18/18
- Caps at 50 people
If you have more questions please call the store 727-800-5043 or contact Cody.
WHICH NEW RUNNING SHOE WILL YOU CHOOSE? July 18, 2018 11:07
New Shoes at St. Pete Running Company
Tried a New Pair of Running Shoes Lately?
Need new running shoes? There are lots of new models to try! Whether you're in a running rut or just want to check out how your feet feel in a something new, we're happy to help get you fitted for just the right shoe for you.
Check Out Our New Running Shoe Models
Hoka One One Clifton 5
The Hoka One One Clifton 5 is a plush running shoe with maximal cushioning that gives you a "running/walking on a cloud" feeling.
Women's Hoka Clifton 5
Men's Hoka Clifton 5
Saucony Ride ISO
The Saucony Ride ISO is a neutral running shoe engineered for comfort with technology that adapts to your stride.
Women's Saucony Ride ISO
Men's Saucony Ride ISO
Mizuno Wave Sky 2
The Mizuno Wave Sky 2 is a neutral shoe that achieves a rare blend where softness meets responsiveness.
Women's Mizuno Wave Sky 2
Men's Mizuno Wave Sky 2
Asics Kayano 25
The Asics Kayano 25 is a stability shoe with high support, high cushion, and new tech that provides lighter weight and a springier ride.
Women's Asics Kayano 25
Men's Asics Kayano 25
Blogger Bria is a customer service manager at St. Pete Running Company.
RUNNING IN HEAT: 6 WAYS TO ACCLIMATE June 13, 2018 11:54
Summer is Here!
Tips For Running in the Florida Heat
Blog Post by Coach Jimmy Williams
Summer temps are here and I just wanted to share some tips about how to acclimate to the heat/humidity:
- It will take about 14 days of running in the heat for an hour or more for your body to adapt to the heat (cardiovascular adaptations typically start within the first 3-5 Days).
- Be deliberate in slowing down during your first few days of running in the heat. Make sure your easy days are extra easy, ignore pace and run on perceived effort.
- Do not increase your perceived exertion intensity in an attempt to match your pace during the winter months. A 5k in July won’t be the same as a 5k in January.
- Make sure to drink plenty of fluids before a run and consume extra fluids and electrolytes while heat training.
- Know your hourly sweat rate and replenish with electrolytes accordingly. Our favorite Gatorade Endurance Athlete, Cody Angell, and myself can help you with this.
- Make sure to wear lightweight running apparel (tank tops, shorts, thin socks) that are well ventilated to avoid overheating and soaking up with sweat.
We want all of our Sunny Runners to be safe out there! Happy running!
- Page 1 of 15