VOTE ST. PETE RUNNING COMPANY AS A TOP 50 RUNNING STORE January 2, 2019 11:30
Get Your Vote In!
The 50 Best Running Stores in America competition is now open. If you've had a good experience at St. Pete Running Company, we'd love it if you'd take a moment and vote for us as one of the best running stores in America.
Here at St. Pete Running Company, our goal is for you to have the best customer service experience you've ever had in a running store. We want you to know that you, our customer family, are so important to us! Our community events are designed for you to come and feel welcome and included, to meet like-minded walkers and runners who will hopefully become lifelong friends! Plus we hope we can continue to help you reach your fitness goals through our many classes, training groups, and track programs.
We wouldn't be who we are without you, our customer family. If you decide to submit a nomination for us, we offer our heartfelt thanks!
Blogger Bria is a Customer Service Manager at St. Pete Running Company.
5K TRAINING PROGRAM ANNOUNCED January 2, 2019 10:59
Four-Week 5K Group Training
Starts Sunday, December 23rd
Are you looking to improve your overall fitness or run a faster 5k? Would you like to join a fun and supportive training group? Then we'd love to have you join our 5K Group Training!
This will be a comprehensive program for intermediate runners who want guidance and leadership to help achieve your goal. You don't have to be signed up for a race to join this group. All are welcome to come out and train with this fun and inclusive group!
Our expert staff will lead you through these training sessions where we'll help you not only improve your running technique, but you'll improve overall efficiency and learn how to prevent injury. One of the best aspects of group training is the camaraderie and encouragement from like-minded people. The optional goal race is the St. Pete Running Company 5k at the St Pete Beach Classic on Saturday, January 19th.
Cost: $79.99 (Limited to 25 spots)
You'll get a 10% Discount in our store for the duration of the program, our on-site Athletic Trainers will provide you with a free one-on-one injury prevention screening, and you'll receive free products from Gatorade Endurance.
Here is the tentative schedule for the 5K Training Sessions:
Start date of the program is Sunday, December 23rd
Monday, 6:30 PM: (Store) Dynamics, easy running, core + foam rolling.
Wednesday, 5:30 AM or 6:30 PM: (track) Core + Speedwork.
Thursday, 6:30 PM: (Store) Dynamics, recovery slow run, core strength (Optional Day)
Sunday, early morning: (Store or various locations) Long Run.
If you have questions please call the store at 727-800-5043 or email Janna.
BRIDGE RUN TRAINING PROGRAM STARTS IN JANUARY January 2, 2019 10:58
Five-Week Bridge Run Training
Starts January 27th
Are you looking to improve your overall fitness? Bridge and hill training is for you! If you're signed up for the Skyway 10K, this training group is for you! (Please note we are not affiliated with the race). You don't have to be signed up for a race to join this group. All are welcome to come out and train with this fun and inclusive group!
Our expert staff will lead you through these training sessions where we'll help you not only improve your running technique, but you'll improve overall strength and efficiency on hills and bridges.
Cost: $49.99 for 5 Weeks
Drop in rate: $15 per workout session
If you register for the whole program you will receive 10% Discount in store purchases until March 5. You'll get a 10% Discount in our store for the duration of the program, our on-site Athletic Trainers will provide you with a free one-on-one injury prevention screening, and you'll receive free products from Gatorade Endurance.
This 5 week session will start January 27th and end on February 24th, the week before the Skyway 10k. The official dates for each session are Jan 27th, Feb 3, Feb 10th, Feb 17th, Feb 24th. The location will vary with each session, but there will be hills and/or bridges at each one! Each workout is different and will focus on a specific skill for hill running guaranteed to improve your fitness and do so without causing injury to your body.
If you have questions please call the store at 727-800-5043 or email Cody.
HOW TO COMPETE IN THE BURG TO BEACH TO BAYSHORE CHALLENGE September 5, 2018 11:55 1 Comment
A New Challenge:
Burg to Beach to Bayshore
Three Tampa Bay area races have come together to create an all-new half marathon racing challenge called Burg to Beach to Bayshore.
How to Compete in the Challenge
This Challenge is unique because you will be signing up for three Tampa Bay area half marathons separately. After you complete all three races, you will achieve the Burg to Beach to Bayshore Half Marathon Challenge!
Step One: Sign Up For All Three Half Marathons
- St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon Nov. 18, 2018
- St. Pete Beach Classic Half Marathon Jan. 19, 2019 (Note: Select "Challenge" on this registration
- Publix Gasparilla Half Marathon Feb. 24, 2019
Note: On your St. Pete Beach Classic registration, you will select that you’re doing the challenge.
Step Two: Complete All Three Half Marathons
You must complete all three of the Half Marathons in order to achieve the Burg to Beach to Bayshore Challenge. When you cross the finish line after the final race (Publix Gasparilla Half Marathon), you will have successfully completed the Challenge!
Step Three: Get the SWAG!
After you've completed all three half marathons, you're a Burg to Beach to Bayshore Half Marathon Challenge Finisher. Congrats!! You'll receive an inaugural medal and finisher hat.
Each race has its own website with contact info (links below). Contact the specific race you have a question about and get answers.
St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon: www.stpeterunfest.org
St. Pete Beach Classic Half Marathon: www.stpetebeachclassic.com
Publix Gasparilla Half Marathon: www.rungasparilla.com
Blogger Bria is a Customer Service Manager at St. Pete Running Company.
HALF MARATHON TRAINING PROGRAM ANNOUNCED July 25, 2018 12:18
Ready to Start Training For Your First or Next Half?
Join Our Half Marathon Training Program
Half Marathon Training
Want to run a Half Marathon? Join St. Pete Running Company for our 10-week Half Marathon Training Course starting September 10th. The program caps at 50 people.
Half Marathon Info Seminar: Find out more and get your questions answered
Thursday, August 23rd at 6:00 PM
You can also join our Group Run afterward at 6:30 PM
Half Marathon Sign-Up Party
Monday, August 27th at 6:00 PM
We'll have giveaways! Meet the coaches and learn about the class.
This is a comprehensive half marathon training program for novice or intermediate runner who want guidance and leadership to help achieve your goal. You don't have to be a veteran runner to benefit from this training group. We'll get you to the finish line confident, healthy & happy.
- This ten-week course commences on Monday, September 10th at 6:30 PM, meeting at St Pete Running Company.
- The target race is The St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon on Sunday, November 18th, 2018.
- Training will consist of 3 structured & supervised runs each week including a long run, speed workout and easy run.
There are a lot of reasons why you should run a half marathon.
- Accomplishment, physical fitness, weight management through the holidays, injury prevention and most importantly…. It’s FUN!
- Camaraderie from dozens of other like-minded runners.
- Accountability – it’s much easier to make yourself go to training if you know there is a friendly & supportive group waiting for you to join them!
- Guidance: We have an expert team of coaches who will guide you from start to finish. We believe in educating runners so expect to learn a lot about running throughout this course.
Training will take place from St. Pete Running Company, the nearby parks, neighborhoods and the Pinellas Trail.
- Long Run – will vary throughout our area. Plenty will be hosted from our home location of St. Pete Running Company, 6986 22nd Ave North. You will be able to leave your belongings in the store and have bathroom facilities before/during/after training.
- Threshold & Speed Training – This will be integrated into our highly successful track program which meets on Wednesdays at Northside Christian School track.
- Recovery Run – A slow & steady run to help your body recover from the stresses of training. These will take place on Monday nights at St. Pete Running Company or on your own from home.
This program is designed for Novice to Intermediate runners who usually share any/all of these goals.
- Understand the importance of staying healthy and want guidance/leadership to help them achieve their goals.
- Want to tick a half marathon off the bucket list.
- Want to run a faster time than they have ever gone before.
- Hope to enjoy running and make sure they’re not going to get injured.
Here's a clip from our Wednesday Track Program
Participants should be in good health and cleared by a doctor to be able to run. You should be able to complete a 3 mile walk/run before joining the training group. Yes, it’s okay to take walk breaks.
- Race entry discount for St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon
- 10% Discount in store purchases until 11/18/18
- Caps at 50 people
If you have more questions please call the store 727-800-5043 or contact Cody.
- Page 1 of 15