YOU ASKED FOR A 10K TRAINING PROGRAM AND WE'VE GOT ONE! October 07, 2017 14:00
Ready to Start Training For a 10K?
Join Our 10K Training Program
Want to run a 10K? Join St. Pete Running Company for our 6-week 10K Training Course. The program caps at 50 people.
10K Training Info Seminars:
Find out more and get your questions answered
Thursday, October 19th at 6:00 PM
Thursday, November 16th at 6:00 PM
at St. Pete Running Company
This is a comprehensive training program for novice or intermediate runners who want guidance and leadership to help achieve your 10K goal. You don't have to be a veteran runner to benefit from this training group. We'll get you to the finish line confident, healthy & happy.
- This six-week course commences on Saturday, December 2nd at 9:00 AM, meeting at St Pete Running Company.
- The target race is St. Pete Beach Classic on the weekend of January 13th, 2018.
- Training will consist of 3 structured & supervised runs each week including a long run, speed workout and tempo run.
There are a lot of reasons why you should run a 10K.
- Accomplishment, physical fitness, weight management through the holidays, injury prevention and most importantly…. It’s FUN!
- Camaraderie from dozens of other like-minded runners.
- Ease Into Longer Distances - a 10K can help you become more confident in your ability to do longer distances like 15K, half marathon, and full marathon
- Accountability – it’s much easier to make yourself go to training if you know there is a friendly & supportive group waiting for you to join them!
- Guidance: We have an expert team of coaches who will guide you from start to finish. We believe in educating runners so expect to learn a lot about running throughout this course.
Training will take place from St. Pete Running Company, the nearby parks, neighborhoods and the Pinellas Trail.
- Long Run – will vary throughout our area. Plenty will be hosted from our home location of St. Pete Running Company, 6986 22nd Ave North. You will be able to leave your belongings in the store and have bathroom facilities before/during/after training.
- Threshold & Speed Training – This will be integrated into our highly successful track program which meets on Wednesdays at Northside Christian School track.
- Tempo Run – A shorter run that starts at an easy, relaxed pace and gradually increases into a race-pace effort. These will take place on Monday nights at St. Pete Running Company or on your own from home.
This program is designed for Novice to Intermediate runners who usually share any/all of these goals.
Understand the importance of staying healthy and want guidance/leadership to help them achieve their goals.
Want to tick a 10K off the bucket list.
Want to run a faster time than they have ever gone before.
Hope to enjoy running and make sure they’re not going to get injured.
Here's a clip from our Wednesday Track Program
Participants should be in good health and cleared by a doctor to be able to run. You should be able to complete a 3 mile walk/run before joining the training group. Yes, it’s okay to take walk breaks.
- Discount for your St. Pete Beach Classic race entry
- 10% Discount in store purchases until 1/14/18
If you have more questions please call the store 727-800-5043 or contact Coach Jimmy.
Blogger Bria is a customer service manager at St. Pete Running Company.
HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR 5K: TIPS & ADVICE FROM ST. PETE RUNNING COMPANY May 23, 2017 11:53
Ready to Get Faster and Improve Your 5K Pace?
Are you looking to improve your 5K races? Would you like to get better at pacing and get faster?
St. Pete Running Company has some quick tips and advice to share that will help you on your journey to improve your running.
- SET GOAL PACE - One day of the week, run at your goal 5K pace during intervals (meaning for short distances, such as 400 or 800 meters.)
- INCORPORATE EASY RUNS - Not every run should be at the same pace. Make sure you have easy runs scheduled in. They are just as beneficial as hard runs.
- AVOID THE HEAT - Avoid the heat of the day. Try to run early in the morning or later in the day.
- HYDRATE - Lots of water. Refill that water bottle throughout the day.
- SWAP BETWEEN 2 PAIRS OF SHOES - Purchase a second pair of shoes. A lightweight model is ideal for some during a 5K and can take 3-5 seconds off your time per mile. Moderate/higher cushion shoes for longer mileage days.
- CONSISTENCY - Remember that consistency is king. Make a schedule that works for you (including rest days) and be consistent for maximum benefit.
- JOIN A RUNNING GROUP - Have a group that holds you accountable. You're more likely to show up if there are friends waiting to encourage you, and you can encourage them!
How to Make it STICK!
Ready to make the necessary changes to improve your 5K but don't know where to start? LET US HELP!
Training, Coaching, Speedwork, Track, Group Runs, and More at St. Pete Running Company
Advice and Tips are great! But do you need some help when it comes to putting these ideas into practice? We're here to help!
At St. Pete Running Company, we are known for our one-of-a-kind StrideSmart Shoe Fitting Process. We evaluate your gate and analyze your functional movements, all while taking into account your running history and goals for the future. This process doesn't take long, and we can help you pick out the ideal pair (or pairs) of shoes for you!
FREE GROUPS EVERY WEEK! We host Group Run on Monday and Thursday at 6:30 PM for all levels from walkers to joggers. There's usually a fun theme which may include shoe demos, snacks, drinks, and discounts! First timers get a $10 Gift Card to the store.
TRACK AND SPEEDWORK - We've partnered with Northside Christian School, and they have generously allowed us to use their state-of-the-art track on Wednesday mornings! Track meets at 5:30 AM. For Speedwork, we meet Wednesday evenings at Walter Fuller Park (near the dog park) at 6:15 PM. Both Track and Speedwork have a $15 Drop-in rate, or you can pay for the 8-week session for $79.99. For more details, email Coach Jimmy.
COACHING WITH JIMMY - There are multiple options when it comes to training with Coach Jimmy from personal coaching, one-on-one coaching, multisport coaching, to swim coaching. He's taking new clients! Contact Jimmy via Email for more information.
Ready to take your running to the next level with coaching?
Email Coach Jimmy or Call the Store: 727-800-5043
Blogger Bria works at St. Pete Running Company as a customer service manager.