3 REASONS TO JOIN ST. PETE RUNNING COMPANY'S COUCH TO 5K January 08, 2017 13:02
Ready to Run a 5K?
We've Got a Training Group Just For You!
Start reaching for your 2017 running goals and join us for our Couch to 5K Training Group.
Here are 3 reasons to join our Couch to 5K Training Program
1. Includes Your Race Entry For the Race For the Cupcake 5K
2. Train With Experts
3. Join a Group of People Who Will Motivate and Encourage You
What You Need to Know About the Couch to 5K Training ProgramStarting Saturday, February 4th at 9:00 AM at St. Pete Running Company, you'll learn some running basics and get moving with a fun group! This training group will prepare you for the Race for the Cupcake 5K.
Cost: $99.99 which includes your entry into the Race for the Cupcake 5K on March 4, 2017. ALL PARTICIPANTS RECEIVE 10% DISCOUNT IN THE STORE. Cost also includes training from expert coaches.
LIMITED TO 50 PEOPLE! So be sure to sign up early by stopping by the store or calling (727-800-5043) to make sure you secure a spot!
Weekly Workouts: Our workouts will be Mondays at 6:30 PM, Wednesdays at either 5:30 AM or 6:30 PM (dependent on your schedule), and Saturdays at 9:00 AM.
Must be in good health and able to handle exercise.
Bring your smiling faces, running clothes, running shoes and a water bottle.
The premise behind this program is simple: to introduce you to regular jogging, running/walking sessions, help you get fit, and to have fun.
If you have any questions please contact the store 727.800.5043 or email Jimmy.
The 2nd Annual Race for the Cupcake 5K takes place Saturday, March 4, 2017 at Pass-A-Grille Beach. This race is a ton of fun! And you get a cupcake at the finish! This 5K will be on the "sugary" sands of Pass-a-Grille Beach, Florida!
The race will cap at 600 participants, be sure to sign up soon.
Also, there will be a free kids 400 meter dash on the sand, this is a free event for young kids to participate in.
All registrants will receive a technical running hat, and a cupcake upon completion of the race. Click here to sign up.
Blogger Bria is a customer service manager at St. Pete Running Company.
READY FOR A HALF MARATHON? TRAIN WITH US! July 09, 2016 14:09 1 Comment
Half Marathon Training Program
Want to run a Half Marathon? Join St. Pete Running Company for our Inaugural Half Marathon Training Course. The program is expected to cap at 50 people.
This is a comprehensive half marathon training program for novice or intermediate runners.
- The enrollment begins on Monday, July 11th
- Training with our expert coaching staff commences on Saturday, November 5th
- The target race is The St. Pete Beach Classic Half Marathon on the weekend of January 13-15th, 2017
- Training will consist of 2-3 structured runs each week
There are a lot of reasons why you should run a half marathon.
- Accomplishment, physical fitness, weight management through the holidays, injury prevention and most importantly…. It’s FUN!
- Camaraderie from dozens of other like-minded runners.
- Accountability – it’s much easier to make yourself go to training if you know there is a friendly & supportive group waiting for you to join them!
- Guidance: We have an expert team of coaches who will guide you from start to finish. We believe in educating runners so expect to learn a lot about running throughout this course.
Training will primarily take place in and around St. Pete at Various locations.
- Long Run – will vary throughout our area. Plenty will be hosted from our home location of St. Pete Running Company, 6986 22nd Ave North. You will be able to leave your belongings in the store and have bathroom facilities before/during/after training.
- Threshold & Speed Training – This will be integrated into our highly successful track program which meets on Wednesday nights at Admiral Farragut Academy, 501 Park Street North in St. Petersburg.
- Recovery Run – A slow & steady run to help your body recover from the stresses of training. These will take place on Monday nights at St. Pete Running Company or on your own from home.
This program is designed for Novice to Intermediate runners who usually share any/all of these goals.
- Understand the importance of staying healthy and want guidance/leadership to help them achieve their goals.
- Want to tick a half marathon off the bucket list.
- Want to run a faster time than they have ever gone before.
- Hope to enjoy running and make sure they’re not going to get injured.
Here's a clip from our Wednesday Night Track Program
Participants should be in good health and cleared by a doctor to be able to run. You should be able to complete a 3 mile walk/run before joining the training group. Yes, it’s okay to take walk breaks.
Cost: $250 (Pre-enrollment rate is $199 if purchased prior to 11/5--that's only $20 a week!)
- 10% Discount in store purchases until 1/15/17
- Caps at 50 people
Find Out More at our Info SeminarsHalf Marathon Info Seminar: Find out more and get your questions answered at these three Info Seminars
- Tuesday, Aug 9th at 6:00 PM
- Monday, Sept 12th at 6:00 PM
- Thursday, Oct 27th at 6:00 PM
WANT TO TRY RUNNING ON A TRACK? HERE'S YOUR CHANCE! June 21, 2016 20:59 1 Comment
Come Try Track Training for Free on June 22nd
We recently started a Track Training Program and we are delighted by how well it's going. People are having fun, working hard and already seeing results.Come out Weds, June 22nd at 6:30 PM for a free session!First timers, please arrive by 6:15 or sooner.Location: Admiral Farragut Academy Track, 501 Park Street North, St. Petersburg, FL.
Read on to see what participants have to say about our Track Program.
"Track workout is VERY well structured. I'm running faster than I thought I would. My goal is to do a 5K in less than 30 minutes. This workout is going to help me achieve that. The whole environment with all the camaraderie is supportive. That's what I like best. Meeting great people." ~Donna
Here is what people have to say about our program.
"This is my first time at track workout and it is fantastic. It helps to have other runners around. The people are so friendly and helpful." ~Sue
"I love it. The Coaches are the best. They believe in us." ~VJ
"I come every week. I've never run on a track before and it's definitely the best surface to run on. I finally learned what a 400 is. This workout is making me run faster. Well worth it." ~Richard"I'm enjoying it very much. I haven't run on a track in 30 years, and I missed it. I'll be coming out every time as long as the program is going. Helps me run fast. I love it." ~Jonathan
"This is my first time at track workout. Great coaches and speedwork. This has helped push me more than I would've pushed myself. I like having someone to chase." ~Lisa
"I've been coming every week. It's great and I'm loving it. With everybody here, I can keep going. Someday I'm gonna be as fast as Coach Cody and Coach Chris." ~Bob
"I feel pushed to succeed, but not out of my comfort zone. Track workout gives me a great sense of pride. I just like running with others." ~Sam
Blogger Bria works at St. Pete Running Company as a customer service manager.
CUSTOM CYCLING KITS AT ST. PETE RUNNING COMPANY June 15, 2016 12:57
Are you Ready for the Road?
One of a Kind Cycling Kits for Men and Women
St. Pete Running Company is proud to present our custom cycling kits!
Limited quantities, so you'll want to come in as soon as possible to get your kit. First come, first serve.
Benefits of our Cycling Kits
- Designed to encourage motorists to move overThe right and left opposing colors will make cyclists more visible
- High quality, great fitThe kits are made by 2XU, one of the top brands
- Aerodynamic Arm sleevesThe aero fabric sleeves block the sun and pouring water on the sleeves keeps riders even cooler
Combination Jersey and Shorts - $199.99 (awesome deal!)
Custom Cycle Jersey - $99.99
Custom Cycle Shorts - $119.99
Custom Aerodynamic Arm Sleeves - $50.00
Custom Cycling Hat - $50.00
Just in Time for Tri Course
St. Pete Running Company is hosting another Triathlon Clinic!
Get your kit in preparation for the first session on Saturday, June 18th at 8:00 AM where we'll be doing a brick workout (cycling followed by easy run) at St. Pete Running Company.
Whether you've done a triathlon in the past or you're thinking about signing up for your first one, you will benefit from attending our 5-week clinic with a team of experts guiding you through a friendly and non-intimidating format. Each participant will need to have their own bicycle and helmet. Recommended that everyone have a good pair of running shoes and goggles (available to purchase at St. Pete Running Company).
The Triathlon training schedule includes 3 weekly sessions:
- Tuesday Evening swim 6:30PM
- Wednesday night 6:30 PM: track workout at Admiral Farragut
- Saturday Morning 8:00 AM: Brick session, which is a cycle and an easy run in the same workout. We will meet at St. Pete Running Company.
Questions? Email Jimmy - email@example.com
Blogger Bria works at St. Pete Running Company as a customer service manager.
5 REASONS TO JOIN A RUNNING CLUB June 15, 2016 12:57
Ready to Become a Better Runner?
Get Motivated with People Like You!
How does joining a Running Club help you and your running?
You'll have people supporting you and encouraging you.2. Avoid Injury
With expert coaching, you can learn proper techniques.
3. Get Faster
With scheduled training and consistency, you'll begin to notice your race times decreasing.
4. Gain Confidence
With expert coaching, encouragement, and support, you'll discover that you're not only a capable runner, but that your improvement will increase your confidence in yourself.
5. Enjoy the Fun
What they say is true: Runners in a group have more fun!
Join Run St. Pete
Ready to join a running club? Then visit Run St. Pete, a private Facebook Group that you can request to join. Group membership is free.
Check out the St. Pete Running Company Track Program
When: Wednesday Evenings 6:30 PM (arrive at least 15 minutes early)
Where: Admiral Farragut Academy ()
Cost: $15 per session or buy a pass. (5 sessions $50, 11 sessions for $99 +you get a $30 jug of Gatorade Endurance Formula )
Questions? Contact the store or post your questions on the Run St. Pete Group Page.
- Page 1 of 2