TOP REASONS TO TRY A TRI March 16, 2016 15:45
Get Ready to Try a Tri with St. Pete Running Company
Have you ever wanted to try a triathlon? Then St. Pete Running Company has the perfect course for you! Whether you've done a triathlon in the past or you're thinking about signing up for your first one, you will benefit from attending our 5-week clinic with a team of experts guiding you through a friendly and non-intimidating format.
What is a Triathlon?
A triathlon is a race with three different physical activities: swimming, cycling, and running. There are multiple distances at triathlon races, including shorter sprint distances for first-time triathlon athletes.
Orientation at St. Pete Running Company
WHEN: Wednesday, March 23rd at 6:00 PM
WHERE: St. Pete Running Company, 6986 22nd Ave N, St. Petersburg, FL 33710 (PH: 727-800-5043)
Our kick-off orientation for the Try a Tri 5-week course begins next week. Sign-up in the store and get your questions answered during our orientation. Each participant will need to have their own bicycle and helmet. Recommended that everyone have a good pair of running shoes and goggles (available to purchase at St. Pete Running Company).
Cost: $150 (must sign up in person at St. Pete Running Company)
First class on Saturday, March 26th at 8:00 AM meets at St. Pete Running Company.
The schedule for the Try a Tri Clinic includes meeting 3 times a week:Monday night 6:30 PM: slow and steady group run at St. Pete Running Company.
Wednesday night 6:00 PM: swim at Pass-A-Grille beach (meet at Hurley Park), followed by a short bike ride and dinner.
Saturday Morning 8:00 AM: cycling and an easy run at St. Pete Running Company.
Why Try a Tri?
The benefits of this 5-week course are numerous! Here are the top reasons to join us for the Try a Tri Clinic with St. Pete Running Company.
- Have fun as you ease into a great level of fitness with a group encouraging you along the way
- Improve your skills in swimming, cycling, and running with expert advice
- Learn how to transition at a triathlon
- Become comfortable with the basics of the triathlon
- Receive perks from St. Pete Running company, including:
- Triathlon race number belt
- Timing chip strap
- Yanks elastic laces & installation
- 10% discount of everything in store
- Really cool trucker hat or running visor
Get Ready to Try a Tri!
We hope you're as excited as we are about this awesome course! Please note that participants need to be healthy enough to perform physical activities from easy to medium and moderate vigorous levels.
Questions: email Cody@stpeterunningcompany.comNOTE: This course has a maximum capacity of 15 participants. Sign-up must be done in store.
Blogger Bria works at St. Pete Running Company as a customer service manager.
Top Six Christmas Gift Ideas from St. Pete Running Company December 05, 2015 12:30 1 Comment
How many weeks left until Christmas?!?
Yep, December 25th is right around the corner. THREE WEEKS away to be exact. If you're scrambling to find the perfect gifts for friends and family, look no further! St. Pete Running Company has you covered, even for those hard-to-shop-for friends and relatives.
Make this holiday a special one with these great gift ideas.
1. Gift Cards - How do shop for a picky person? Gift card! The great thing about a St. Pete Running Company Gift Card is that it's a unique, one-of-a-kind gift that supports a locally-owned business.
2. Sunny Runner Christmas Ornament - Another one-of-a-kind gift! The limited edition Sunny Runner Ornament features our logo and a tropical background with a palm tree decorated for Christmas. A must-have for every tree.
3. Trigger Point STK, Foam Roller, or Massage Ball - You can't go wrong with any of the Trigger Point items. They are great for active and sedentary people. Like a toothbrush for your body, the STK, foam roller, and massage ball smooths out muscles and helps with soreness.
4. St. Pete Running Company Shirts, Vests, and Jackets- Keep the one-of-a-kind theme going! Come into the store and browse through a wide variety of tops featuring our Sunny Runner logo. Our long-sleeve tech shirt is a best-seller with several options for men and women.
5. SOCKS - Feetures, Bolega, Swiftwift, 2XU Compression Socks, and Sunny Runner Socks - For that tough to buy for friend or relative, you can't go wrong with socks. Check out the many options we have, including our one-of-a-kind Defeet Sock with the Sunny Runner Logo.
6. Garmin Forerunner 630 and FR 235 Smartwatches - Looking to really surprise someone special? The all-new FR 630 and FR 235 are now available! Come in to the shop to find out all about the latest features with these Garmin GPS Smartwatches.
Blogger Bria works at St. Pete Running Company as a customer service manager.
COME MEET PRO TRIATHLETE CHRIS LEGH! November 06, 2015 21:50 1 Comment
Ironman Chris Legh
It's not every day you get to meet an Ironman Champion. Australian Chris Legh has logged over 85 worldwide professional race wins. A two-time Ironman Triathlon Champion and a five-time Australian National Champion, Chris has also earned 10 top-4 Ironman finishes, as well as two top-10 Hawaii Ironman World Championship finishes. From 1999 to 2000, he held the world number-one ranking in long course triathlons.
2x Ironman Champion:
Chris divides his time between Melbourne, Australia and Boulder, CO with his wife, Sarah, and two children.
- 2004 Ironman Coeur D'alene
- 2000 Ironman California
For this special occasion, Chris will be visiting the Tampa Bay area and St. Pete Running Company November 19th and 20th. We'll have two events with Chris Leigh, so don't miss your chance to meet a legend!
Run with a Champion
Thursday, Nov. 19, 2015 at 6:30 PM
It's not every day you get to run with an Ironman Champion. Our Thursday Group Run will be packed! Get here early and meet Chris Legh, who will be joining us for our Group Run. All levels are welcome, including walkers, joggers, and runners. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity that you won't want to miss.
Breakfast with a Champion
It's also not every day you get to eat breakfast with an Ironman Champion. This is an event you won't want to miss.
A Champion's Breakfast at Caddy's on the Beach
Friday, Nov. 20, 2015 at 8:00 AM
Join us for this special event. All-you-can-eat breakfast with healthy options will be served at Caddy's in Treasure Island, Florida, on Friday, November 20th at 8:00 AM. Cost is $20 per person. There will be food, fun, camaraderie and plenty of giveaways. Chris Legh will be the keynote speaker and he will tell you fun, fascinating, and often hilarious experiences he's had while racing triathlon over the past two decades. This is a unique and rare chance to have breakfast with an Ironman legend.
ALL ATTENDEES RECEIVE GREAT SWAG
For the cost of $20, each attendee will get all-you-can-eat breakfast with healthy options. Also included: a Special Edition Newton Running Florida Shirt and a $20 Gift Card to spend on your next pair of Newton Running Shoes at St. Pete Running Company.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE ALL-NEW GARMIN FR225 (WITH WRIST HEART RATE) August 20, 2015 23:12
The number one question customers ask when it comes to the all-new Garmin Forerunner 225 with a built-in optical heart rate sensor is:
Does the heart rate monitor work?
When compared to a heart rate monitor chest strap, the results have shown that FR225 measures up nicely in accuracy. Time will continue to tell if that accuracy endures longevity. This means if you’re dying to get rid of that chest strap and simply wear a watch that monitors your heart rate, you can!
Optical sensor measures pulse
FR225 Does More
While the FR225 is similar to the FR220, it does more. The built-in optical heart rate sensor is a first for Garmin watches. Another feature that stands out is the heart rate “gauge” that tells which zone you are in once you set-up your own heart rate zones. Activity tracking has also been added to the FR225, so you can count your steps and monitor your sleep. The tracker will tell you when to move if you’ve been inactive too long.
Blogger Bria works at St. Pete Running Company as a customer service manager. Pictures provided by Alex Allred.