TRIATHLON COURSE AT ST. PETE RUNNING COMPANY May 26, 2016 13:47
Tri Training at St. Pete Running Company
Is the Tri Course For Me?
First time triathlete? Interested in learning the basics? Want to improve on your tri skills? Then St. Pete Running Company has the perfect course for you! Whether you've done a triathlon in the past or you're thinking about signing up for your first one, you will benefit from attending our 5-week clinic with a team of experts guiding you through a friendly and non-intimidating format.
What is a Triathlon?
A triathlon is a race with three different physical activities: swimming, cycling, and running. There are multiple distances at triathlon races, including shorter sprint distances for first-time triathlon athletes.
Sign-up in the store and get your questions answered during our orientation.
Each participant will need to have their own bicycle and helmet. Recommended that everyone have a good pair of running shoes and goggles (available to purchase at St. Pete Running Company).
First Training Session on Saturday, June 18th at 8:00 AM meets at St. Pete Running Company.
The Triathlon training schedule includes 3 weekly sessions:
- Tuesday Evening swim 6:30 PM
- Wednesday night 6:30 PM track workout at Admiral Farragut
- Saturday Morning 8:00 AM Brick session, which is cycling and an easy run in the same workout. We will meet at St. Pete Running Company.
We will be having a mock triathlon during the course to practice what a triathlon is like.
Goal Race: Participants are encouraged to sign up for a triathlon. The Top Gun Tri race at Ft. Desoto will take place on July 23rd.
Perks For Each Participant
Everyone who signs up for the course will receive:
- 3 weekly coached training sessions
Triathlon race number belt
10% discount on everything in store during the course
We hope you're as excited as we are about this awesome course! Please note that participants need to be healthy enough to perform physical activities from easy to medium and moderate vigorous levels.
Questions? Email Jimmy email@example.com
HOW 2XU COMPRESSION CAN MAKE YOUR MUSCLES HAPPY December 15, 2015 11:29
Recover Faster, Feel Stronger, and Improve Performance with 2XU Compression
What can 2XU (pronounced two-times-you) Compression do for you During Exercise?
Reduces Muscle Fatigue and Damage - Contains the muscle to reduce vibration, minimize damage and overall fatigue to enhance output.
Heightens Agility - Applied pressure to the skin surface increases sensory awareness for improved posture, agility, mobility, and stability.
Improves Performance -Heightened circulation, muscle oxygenation and less fatigue increases power and lowers heart rate for enhanced performance overall.
What can 2XU Compression do for you After Exercise?
Faster Recovery - Graduated pressure increases blood flow and shortens the recovery phase especially while sedentary.
Decreases Soreness - Efficient removal of blood lactate from exercising muscles to reduce swelling, speed muscle repair and reduce soreness.
Travel Protection from Edema and Blood Clots - Through heightened blood circulation, 2XU Compression helps reduce swelling in feet and ankles and lowers the risk of blood clots, Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT).
Can 2XU Compression help Before Exercise?
Improves Circulation for Faster Warm-Up - Graduated compression increases blood circulation to the heart and lymph nodes for a faster, safer warm-up period before exercise.
THE NEW 2XU PRODUCTS YOU'LL LOVE
The MCS line from 2XU takes compression to a new level. MCS stands for Muscle Containment Stamping. MCS is a revolutionary fabric support system traced over key muscle, tendon and fascia groups to focus greater compression power to wrap precise areas and reduce muscle oscillation and damage.Elite MCS Compression Calf Guards and Tights offer unparalleled power and protection against muscle trauma during activity. Graduated compression also offers recovery benefits post exercise.
2XU PRODUCTS AT ST. PETE RUNNING COMPANY
If you're eager to maximize your workouts with 2XU Compression products, such as tights, calf sleeves, socks, and more, visit St. Pete Running Company where you can try 2XU products on in store.
Blogger Bria works at St. Pete Running Company as a Customer Service Manager.
Top Six Christmas Gift Ideas from St. Pete Running Company December 05, 2015 12:30 1 Comment
How many weeks left until Christmas?!?
Yep, December 25th is right around the corner. THREE WEEKS away to be exact. If you're scrambling to find the perfect gifts for friends and family, look no further! St. Pete Running Company has you covered, even for those hard-to-shop-for friends and relatives.
Make this holiday a special one with these great gift ideas.
1. Gift Cards - How do shop for a picky person? Gift card! The great thing about a St. Pete Running Company Gift Card is that it's a unique, one-of-a-kind gift that supports a locally-owned business.
2. Sunny Runner Christmas Ornament - Another one-of-a-kind gift! The limited edition Sunny Runner Ornament features our logo and a tropical background with a palm tree decorated for Christmas. A must-have for every tree.
3. Trigger Point STK, Foam Roller, or Massage Ball - You can't go wrong with any of the Trigger Point items. They are great for active and sedentary people. Like a toothbrush for your body, the STK, foam roller, and massage ball smooths out muscles and helps with soreness.
4. St. Pete Running Company Shirts, Vests, and Jackets- Keep the one-of-a-kind theme going! Come into the store and browse through a wide variety of tops featuring our Sunny Runner logo. Our long-sleeve tech shirt is a best-seller with several options for men and women.
5. SOCKS - Feetures, Bolega, Swiftwift, 2XU Compression Socks, and Sunny Runner Socks - For that tough to buy for friend or relative, you can't go wrong with socks. Check out the many options we have, including our one-of-a-kind Defeet Sock with the Sunny Runner Logo.
6. Garmin Forerunner 630 and FR 235 Smartwatches - Looking to really surprise someone special? The all-new FR 630 and FR 235 are now available! Come in to the shop to find out all about the latest features with these Garmin GPS Smartwatches.
Blogger Bria works at St. Pete Running Company as a customer service manager.
THE TOP 3 BENEFITS OF COMPRESSION August 08, 2015 14:00 2 Comments
1. Increased blood flow/circulation which reduces swelling and inflammation
The number one thing that compression does for athletes is increase circulation and blood flow, which is extremely important for swelling and inflammation reduction. The tight fit of compression pants, shorts, sleeves, socks, etc., causes the body to increase blood flow to those areas. During a workout, walk, run, or jog, that increased blood flow serves to keep muscles in a "warmed up" state that will reduce swelling/inflammation afterward.
2. Faster recovery time and reduced fatigue
Studies have shown that compression aids athletes in faster recovery and a reduction of fatigue after a workout or a race. Feel free to test it out. Wear your regular running apparel one day, and wear compression the next time you run the same distance. Go to the gym in your regular gym clothes, and the next time you workout at the gym, wear compression. See for yourself how much quicker you recover, and how much better you feel in those areas of your body where you wore compression.
3. Supports muscles (reduction of muscle movement)
Compression is intended to fit tightly and snugly on the body. The fabric is designed to support muscles and help reduce the amount of movement needed for specific muscles that can tire with overuse. For example, compression calf sleeves support the calf muscles. Calves work hard while an athlete is running, and sore calves can be prevented with compression sleeves or full-length compression socks.
Cody (far left) and Chris (far right) after a brutal workout with a Saucony ambassador. Their compression shorts and socks make a huge difference for their recovery.
Which compression to wear?
Come in to St. Pete Running Company and check out our variety of compression apparel options, from socks to sleeves to shorts to capri-length pants to full-length pants.
If you've never tried compression before, do yourself a favor and try it today. Your body will thank you.
Blogger Bria works at St. Pete Running Company as a customer service manager.