THIS NEW SHOE IS FAST! May 29, 2019 21:24
The All-New Hoka One One Carbon X
What Do We Think of This New Shoe?
At St. Pete Running Company, we bring in brands and shoe models we believe in. That means we run in them ourselves. We test every model before it reaches our shelves, and we're so excited to present to you the all-new Hoka One One Carbon X.
Women's Hoka One One Carbon X
Men's Hoka One One Carbon X
What We Love About the Hoka One One Carbon X
- THIS IS A FAST SHOE! No joke. A 50-mile world record was set with this shoe. St. Pete Running Company Owner Cody Angell took the shoes out for a spin. In his words: "Believe the hype."
- BUILT FOR SPEED. The thin carbon fiber plate in the sole runs the whole length of the shoe. Because of this, the shoe bends and snaps back really fast. That helps you toe-off quicker.
- THE ROCKER IS STILL HERE. Hoka One One running shoes are known for the midsole rocker and the Carbon X has it. The rocker helps runners and walkers make a faster transition from mid-stance to forward propulsion.
- LIGHTWEIGHT SHOE. Although the thicker midsole might throw you off, don't be deceived. This is a lightweight shoe that resembles the featherweight of a track spike. Note: lightweight shoes are ideal for your shorter distance runs.
- YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE AN ELITE TO RUN FAST IN THESE SHOES. They have a soft but not too mushy rear sole for the heel strikers. This helps make it easier for all stride types to push off the ground faster. The upper practically vanishes while you're wearing the shoes, which makes you forget what's on your feet. We're convinced you'll enjoy this sublimely fast shoe.
Now at St. Pete Running Company
Blogger Bria is a Customer Service Manager at St. Pete Running Company.
10 THINGS EVERYONE SHOULD DO BEFORE THE SKYWAY 10K February 28, 2019 20:34 1 Comment
Who's Ready to Conquer the Skyway?!
Ready to Race? These 10 Tips Can Help
The Skyway 10K is this Sunday, and we've got some expert advice to share with you. Whether it's your first or second time running this bridge race, these tips can help you have a successful race day.
- Stop Training (for the most part) - At this point, your training should be tapering off until race day to very very easy walk/jogging.
- Don’t do anything new - No new boot camps. Don't help someone move to a new apartment. Don't try that new sushi restaurant until AFTER the race.
- Reduce stress - Try to reduce work/stress if possible. Saying NO to some things will help.
- Get sleep 2 nights before - Because you aren't going to sleep great the night before the race. Any race....
- Make a "Flat You" the night before - This a fun way of saying lay out your clothes the night before, including everything that will be on your body like a Garmin watch, Nathan belt, gels. Wear your most comfortable running shoes and wear a Sunny Runner shirt (and feel free to post an Instagram photo of "Flat You" with #SunnyRunner and #RunStPete)!
- Plan your trip to + from the race - Uber is always a good option. If you're driving (or being driven), consider roads like 1st Ave South as alternatives to I275, which will be a mess.
- Plan your poop - It’s ok to have to go more than once on race morning. That doesn’t mean anything is wrong.
- Make a movie in your mind - Visualize everything from the time you wake up to the time you get home. Also know how many drinks you plan on having after the race, if any.
- Change your mind - This is for fun. Tell yourself: I'm not intimidated by that bridge or the distance.
- Positive set talk - During the race, tell yourself, “I got this." Break up the run into smaller segments by looking ahead to something (pylon, crack in the road). When you get to it, audibly say “yes!” And then pick the next one, all the way to the finish.
We Wish You the Best of Luck!
If you like this kind of advice, that's exactly what we do in the store every day. Feel free to visit our store and let our expert staff take you through our one-of-a-kind StrideSmart Shoe Fitting Process. It's free! This in-depth gait analysis is specifically designed to help runners and walkers find the right shoe just for you. Plus we can help you identify problem areas and provide tips for areas of improvement.
Limited Edition Bridge Shirts
And don't forget to come in and get our awesome Bridge Shirts ("I Got 99 Problems and a Bridge Ain't One) before we run out! Limited supply in store.
Blog by Cody Angell, Owner of St. Pete Running Company
NEW SHOE UNVEILED: DIADORA AT ST. PETE RUNNING COMPANY October 10, 2018 11:59 1 Comment
New Brand in Our Store
Men's Diadora Mythos Blushield Fly Hip
Here at St. Pete Running Company, we only carry brands that we believe in. That's why we're proud to present our newest running shoe brand: Diadora.
What Led Us to Diadora Running Shoes?
If you're wondering about the decision-making process, we have a “Best by Test” standard, which means we run hundreds of miles using the products that we sell. When we bring in a new brand, we spend time getting to know the ins and outs, and especially to understand how they will hold up over time.
In the case of Diadora Running Shoes, they proved to meet the high standards we hold for our running shoe brands.
Women's Mythos Blushield Fly Hip
Diadora is an Italian brand which has re-launched in the United States. We spent a lot of time running and training in them after dark, out of town, and we were careful not to wear them around the store until we were certain the shoes were worthy of our shelves and your feet.
Benefits and Features of Diadora Mythos
The Diadora Mythos Blushield Fly Hip model we now carry in store is great for a neutral runner. The "squishy" and soft feel of the shoe will keep your feet comfy mile after mile, day after day. If you aren’t sure which type of gait pattern you have, we recommend that you come in to the store for a free StrideSmart Fitting Process.
Overall, the Diadora Mythos Blueshield Fly Hip is a sublimely light, supremely cushioned running shoe without added bulk or thickness. They use a very unique cushioning system called Blushield which provides cushioning in the right areas at the right time. Reflective lines are embedded into the upper for high visibility. Not sure what I mean?
Check out the video:
Blogger Bria is a Customer Service Manager at St. Pete Running Company.
HALF MARATHON TRAINING PROGRAM ANNOUNCED July 25, 2018 12:18
Ready to Start Training For Your First or Next Half?
Join Our Half Marathon Training Program
Half Marathon Training
Want to run a Half Marathon? Join St. Pete Running Company for our 10-week Half Marathon Training Course starting September 10th. The program caps at 50 people.
Half Marathon Info Seminar: Find out more and get your questions answered
Thursday, August 23rd at 6:00 PM
You can also join our Group Run afterward at 6:30 PM
Half Marathon Sign-Up Party
Monday, August 27th at 6:00 PM
We'll have giveaways! Meet the coaches and learn about the class.
This is a comprehensive half marathon training program for novice or intermediate runner who want guidance and leadership to help achieve your goal. You don't have to be a veteran runner to benefit from this training group. We'll get you to the finish line confident, healthy & happy.
- This ten-week course commences on Monday, September 10th at 6:30 PM, meeting at St Pete Running Company.
- The target race is The St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon on Sunday, November 18th, 2018.
- Training will consist of 3 structured & supervised runs each week including a long run, speed workout and easy run.
There are a lot of reasons why you should run a half marathon.
- Accomplishment, physical fitness, weight management through the holidays, injury prevention and most importantly…. It’s FUN!
- Camaraderie from dozens of other like-minded runners.
- Accountability – it’s much easier to make yourself go to training if you know there is a friendly & supportive group waiting for you to join them!
- Guidance: We have an expert team of coaches who will guide you from start to finish. We believe in educating runners so expect to learn a lot about running throughout this course.
Training will take place from St. Pete Running Company, the nearby parks, neighborhoods and the Pinellas Trail.
- Long Run – will vary throughout our area. Plenty will be hosted from our home location of St. Pete Running Company, 6986 22nd Ave North. You will be able to leave your belongings in the store and have bathroom facilities before/during/after training.
- Threshold & Speed Training – This will be integrated into our highly successful track program which meets on Wednesdays at Northside Christian School track.
- Recovery Run – A slow & steady run to help your body recover from the stresses of training. These will take place on Monday nights at St. Pete Running Company or on your own from home.
This program is designed for Novice to Intermediate runners who usually share any/all of these goals.
- Understand the importance of staying healthy and want guidance/leadership to help them achieve their goals.
- Want to tick a half marathon off the bucket list.
- Want to run a faster time than they have ever gone before.
- Hope to enjoy running and make sure they’re not going to get injured.
Here's a clip from our Wednesday Track Program
Participants should be in good health and cleared by a doctor to be able to run. You should be able to complete a 3 mile walk/run before joining the training group. Yes, it’s okay to take walk breaks.
- Race entry discount for St. Pete Run Fest Half Marathon
- 10% Discount in store purchases until 11/18/18
- Caps at 50 people
If you have more questions please call the store 727-800-5043 or contact Cody.
THE ST. PETE MILE! WE'RE HAVING A 1-MILE TRACK RACE May 23, 2018 13:50
Join us for the first ever St. Pete Mile! Whether you're looking to run your first ever mile or you're trying to crush your personal best, this is for you! This is soon to be a favorite on the Summer Running Calendar. This is friendly, laid back, inclusive, and above all it's FUN!
We meet on National Running Day, June 6th, on the track at Northside Christian School (Address: 7777 62nd Ave North in St. Pete). The Run/Race Distance is 1 mile.
The cost to register is $10. Kids 12 & Under can participate for free! The event commences at 6:45 PM. There will be multiple heats of the mile so participants can run with people of comparable speed.
Provisional Event ScheduleArrival & Registration: 6:15 PM.6:45 - Kids 1-Lap6:55 - Kids 1-Mile7:15 - Believe Mile - 12:00 - 15:00 pace7:35 - Achieve Mile -9:00 - 12:00 pace.7:50 - Moxie Mile - 7:00 - 9:00 Pace8:00 - Championship Mile Female - Under 7:00 minute pace ($50 for the top female)8:10 - Championship Mile Male - Under 7:00 minute pace($50 for the top male)8:25 - Pace Your Race - Estimate finish time & closest finisher wins $50. This Race is open for everyone of all abilities to participate.8:40 - Awards
Ways to Register
- In store at St. Pete Running Company, 6986 22nd Ave N, SP
- Online Click Here
- Sign up the day of the event at the track
Other Info:-$1 for every mile run will go to benefit the Athletic Department of Northside Christian School.- This event is for runners of all abilities.- Bring your family and friends out to cheer on the other runners-Celebrate National Running Day in a fun and festive way with other runners.- Be sure to tell us and others if you're running! Use #mystpetemile and #RunStPete and tell us WHY you're running.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q - Do I have to be fast or experienced to do this?
A - No! Our events and programming are for people of all abilities and paces.
Q - What if I'm not that fast?
A- We group participants into pace groups so you will run with people of your approximate speed. Example: All the people who run 8:30 per mile will be seeded in the Moxie Mile which is for those who run 7:00-9:00 pace. You won't be racing against someone looking to run 4:30.
Q - Is there a race T-shirt?
A - No, we've got something better. The adult finishers get a limited edition bottle of our hot sauce!
Q - Will there be medals?
A - No, but you can take lots of pictures and catalogue your experience on social media. This keeps your cost down and doesn't take up space in your closet.
Q - How do I know what pace I run?
A - We recommend timing yourself for a practice mile and using that. We also have track training on Wednesday nights at 6:30 PM at Northside Christian Track. Training on a track can help you understand approximately what pace you'll be able to run during the race.
Q - Can my kids run this?
A - YES! Kids 12 & Under can participate for free! Children are our future and they deserve a healthy and active lifestyle. We have a little kids running class on Sunday, May 27th at 3:00 PM to teach your little ones proper running form. Toddlers/small children can do the 1-Lapper (400 meters or 1/4 Mile) or the kids mile, depending on how much running they have been doing.
Q - Can I bring my dog?
A - No. We aren't allowed dogs on the track.
Q - How does Pace Your Race work?
A- Pace your race is for all participants. Even if you've run a previous mile. Before the event you'll need to predict your estimated mile finishing time. We'll hide all clocks & there's no watches for this event. The finisher who gets the closest to their estimated time will be the winner and get $50.
Q - Where can I sign up?
A - Sign up ONLINE by clicking the link, or come into St. Pete Running Company to sign up in store, or sign up at the track on Wednesday, June 6th, where you can register at 6:15 PM
- Page 1 of 9