ST. PETE TRIATHLON TRAINING AND SKILLS CAMP ANNOUNCED April 16, 2018 11:00
Triathlon Training Camp 4/22/17
This is a perfect opportunity for you to hone your triathlon skills with world class triathlon instructors. This 1-day training camp on April 22nd is lead by former world Class triathlete Chris Legh (Australia) and St. Pete Running Company's Triathlon Coach Jimmy Williams, B SC Ex Science. This camp will make you a much better triathlete!
The camp is designed to build race specific fitness, knowledge and confidence prior to spring and summer racing.
To ensure that attendees receive first-class instruction, the course will be limited to 30 participants. The cost of the camp is $99 per person
- Instruction from a Professional Triathlete and Multisport Coach across all disciplines of triathlon.
- Psychology of training and racing techniques from a World Class Triathlete.
- Swim specific modules which cover both training techniques and race simulation.
- Learn how to do more with less on your bike split. Includes pro tips on how to have a better bike split while saving your legs for the run.
- Running form seminar and then workout designed to facilitate a more efficient stride pattern. You can learn to run faster while using less energy.
- Full understanding of triathlon hydration. Reduce your cramping probability.
- Support to help you achieve your fitness goals.
- Nutritious food to eat.
- Q&A, tips and dialogue with Chris Legh, who has amassed over 100 Professional wins.
The Swim and Breakfast will take place at Caddy's On The Beach, one of St. Pete's Iconic venues.
All The Details:
When : April 22nd, 2018.
Where: Morning Session will be at Caddy's on the Beach, 900 West Gulf Blvd, Treasure Island. Afternoon Session will be Baseball Fields at Pinellas Bayway South, just past Sands Point Drive on the Right.
Who: Camp is designed to accommodate Novice, Beginner, intermediate and advanced triathletes. Students should be able to swim.
What to bring: Goggles, Sunscreen, Water Bottles, Shoes for cycling, Road Bicycle & Helmet. Also bring running shoes and socks. You can wear triathlon clothing or clothing specific for each event. Wetsuits optional. Bring phone/camera for pictures.
Why: We are doing this so we can empower you to get better at the skills of triathlon.
The Bike and RunTraining will take place at St Pete Running Company.
7:30-8:00 - Check in and meet & greet. Caddy's On The Beach, 9000 West Gulf Blvd Treasure Island, FL.
8:00 - 9:00 - Open Water Swim module in the calm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Instruction will be easy to digest and there will be plenty of rest/breaks while standing on the sand bar. Will emphasize open-water techniques, race specific scenarios, and entry/exit of swim portion.
9:00 - 10:00 - Nutritious Brunch, Q&A and lecture with Chris Legh and Coach Jimmy Williams.
11:00 - 12:30. – Cycling Training, at St Pete Running Company
12:30-1:00 - Hydration and Running Technique
1:00 - 1:45 - Chris Legh's Famous 200m Workout.
2:00 - Foam Rolling, Photos, Final Words, Social Media and Departure
About the Clinicians
Chris Legh - Winner of over 100 Multisport events as a professional Triathlete. Spokesperson For Gatorade. Recently ran 2:34 at New York Marathon.
Jimmy Williams - Former member of Florida State University Triathlon Team. Head Running & Triathlon Coach, Health & Fitness Advocate. Bachelors of Science in Ex Science. 3rd Amateur Overall, Powerman USA Duathlon. Overal Winner, Escape from Fort Desoto 2018.