READY FOR A HALF MARATHON? TRAIN WITH US! July 09, 2016 14:09 1 Comment
Half Marathon Training Program
Want to run a Half Marathon? Join St. Pete Running Company for our Inaugural Half Marathon Training Course. The program is expected to cap at 50 people.
This is a comprehensive half marathon training program for novice or intermediate runners.
- The enrollment begins on Monday, July 11th
- Training with our expert coaching staff commences on Saturday, November 5th
- The target race is The St. Pete Beach Classic Half Marathon on the weekend of January 13-15th, 2017
- Training will consist of 2-3 structured runs each week
There are a lot of reasons why you should run a half marathon.
- Accomplishment, physical fitness, weight management through the holidays, injury prevention and most importantly…. It’s FUN!
- Camaraderie from dozens of other like-minded runners.
- Accountability – it’s much easier to make yourself go to training if you know there is a friendly & supportive group waiting for you to join them!
- Guidance: We have an expert team of coaches who will guide you from start to finish. We believe in educating runners so expect to learn a lot about running throughout this course.
Training will primarily take place in and around St. Pete at Various locations.
- Long Run – will vary throughout our area. Plenty will be hosted from our home location of St. Pete Running Company, 6986 22nd Ave North. You will be able to leave your belongings in the store and have bathroom facilities before/during/after training.
- Threshold & Speed Training – This will be integrated into our highly successful track program which meets on Wednesday nights at Admiral Farragut Academy, 501 Park Street North in St. Petersburg.
- Recovery Run – A slow & steady run to help your body recover from the stresses of training. These will take place on Monday nights at St. Pete Running Company or on your own from home.
This program is designed for Novice to Intermediate runners who usually share any/all of these goals.
- Understand the importance of staying healthy and want guidance/leadership to help them achieve their goals.
- Want to tick a half marathon off the bucket list.
- Want to run a faster time than they have ever gone before.
- Hope to enjoy running and make sure they’re not going to get injured.
Here's a clip from our Wednesday Night Track Program
Participants should be in good health and cleared by a doctor to be able to run. You should be able to complete a 3 mile walk/run before joining the training group. Yes, it’s okay to take walk breaks.
Cost: $250 (Pre-enrollment rate is $199 if purchased prior to 11/5--that's only $20 a week!)
- 10% Discount in store purchases until 1/15/17
- Caps at 50 people
Find Out More at our Info SeminarsHalf Marathon Info Seminar: Find out more and get your questions answered at these three Info Seminars
- Tuesday, Aug 9th at 6:00 PM
- Monday, Sept 12th at 6:00 PM
- Thursday, Oct 27th at 6:00 PM