WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH THIS SHOE COMPANY? October 25, 2019 08:00 25 Comments
Newton Running Shoes
What's Up With Newton Running These Days?
These running shoes are here to stay! After some rocky stops and starts, Newton Running is going strong. We have 3 reasons to love this running shoe brand, and if you've never tried Newton, we suggest you stop by our store and check it out.
Where Newton Has Been
- Remember when the natural running trends first started circa 2008? Newton helped start that trend.
- A rocky point occurred when part of the company was purchased by a venture capitalist who wanted to make the brand mainstream. That didn't work out.
- One of two original founders, Jerry Lee, purchased back Newton and has helped resurrect them.
- Newton has since returned to its roots: focusing on a springy, lightweight shoe that dedicated runners revere.
3 Reasons to Get Your Feet in Newton
1. BREATHABLE UPPER & LIGHTWEIGHT - Newtons are designed with a roomy toebox and breathable materials. While the POP platform has a great cushioning system, the shoes are more lightweight than similar competitors.
2. POP PLATFORM - Unique to Newton running shoes, the POP platform gives that springy push-off from the midfoot. It helps quicken your cadence so you have less contact with the ground. The level platform encourages better posture while harnessing the elastic recoil of your lower legs and fascia. Meaning you're quicker off the ground, too.
3. ENCOURAGES MIDFOOT STRIKE - The POP platform is designed to cover the midsole of your foot, and so the push-off is most beneficial when runners land on the midfoot and then give a "kiss" with the heel briefly touching the ground. Keep in mind there is no right or wrong in midfoot versus heel striking when your overall form is correct (knees are over your feet from the side view for example). We recommend a StrideSmart shoe fitting at our store to check your stride.
Women's Gravity 8
Women's Fate 5
Men's Gravity 8
Men's Fate 5
Proud to Carry Newtons Since 2014
Since day one, St. Pete Running Company has carried Newton running shoes in store. We love these shoes. But don't just take our word for it. Come in, let us take you through our one-of-a-kind StrideSmart Shoe Fitting process, and then you can test out the shoes to see how they feel on your feet.
We're excited for you to try it!
Buy Newtons at St. Pete Running Company
Blogger Bria is a Customer Service Manager at St. Pete Running Company.