CUSTOMER FAMILY SPOTLIGHT: NIKKI B. October 13, 2015 13:40
Q & A with St. Pete Supermom Nikki B.
- What got you into running & what got you BACK into running? In high school I ran track. Although I performed well, I did NOT like or appreciate it. After getting married and having children, I started going to the gym more and meeting different people participating in the group classes that would talk about running. Someone invited me to run with them in a running group and I decided to give it another try as an adult. I’ve been running ever since. It does mean juggling my duties as a wife and working mom, but having the support of my husband ensures that I get it done even if it means waking up early in the morning . . ."a happy wife = a happy life!"
- What do you like about running? I’m truly a social runner. I love meeting new people, talking to new people, encouraging people, and challenging myself. I’m also very careful to be sure running stays fun for me. Each and every time I run in the neighborhood or at a race, I’m thankful and proud. I obtained by RRCA running certification for the sole purpose of encouraging others who have a desire to move (running or walking) but haven’t felt or had the support to take the first step.
- Describe the running community in St. Pete. I LOVE the running community. I’ve met some great people, got great tips, ran great routes, and have so much encouragement from those who know me and from random strangers! In the past I’d never run with a group unless I knew I wouldn’t be last. I’ve quickly learned that regardless of speed and ability, you will be accepted. It’s my personal goal to ensure others are supported when they take their first steps. No matter what day or time I need to run, there’s always a partner or group I can run with.
- Favorite post-run meal? Greek yogurt with fruit for weekday runs. A good solid meal after a race (meat, veggies, bread) and adult beverage cocktail!
- Which Garmins do you use & what do you like about them? I’m a HUGE fan of Garmin FR 920! It has changed my moving habits tremendously and I HIGHLY recommend it to people of all fitness levels. I never take it off. Additionally, I just treated myself to a Garmin 620 and have learned so much about my running. Those 2 devices are keeping me going, yet keeping me happy.
Anything else cheeky that people would like to know? I am the scariest person you can meet, but love challenges that test my physical ability! I’m not talking about riding roller coasters though. I have some major fitness goals that would amaze people but remember my name because you WILL see it when I accomplish the goals!
Blogger Bria works at St. Pete Running Company as a customer service manager.